website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

7 minutes ago, orangeman said:

Well, the good news for diving is that Abel wasn't as good as she can be today and still finished 3rd by a large margin.  If she's clean tomorrow a medal will be attainable, maybe gold if the Chinese screw up.  Also, Ware makes the final as well.  

When she was on she was on. This is going to be interesting tomorrow. 

And fantastic for the Team Pursuit, they didn't look on until today's race. I think they knew all along they were probably in it for the bronze, but it was surprise for all of us. 

6 minutes ago, james89 said:

When she was on she was on. This is going to be interesting tomorrow. 

And fantastic for the Team Pursuit, they didn't look on until today's race. I think they knew all along they were probably in it for the bronze, but it was surprise for all of us. 

Yeah, GB performed much better here than they have recently (like, the last 4 years) and the Americans have been very good this year, too.  So they probably saved themselves for this race.  They also got lucky with the Aussies sucking in the first round and giving the Kiwis the place in the bronze race.  Well, idk if 'lucky' is the right word since the Aussies didn't look good here at all.  

Edited by orangeman

1 hour ago, orangeman said:

Yeah, GB performed much better here than they have recently (like, the last 4 years) and the Americans have been very good this year, too.  So they probably saved themselves for this race.  They also got lucky with the Aussies sucking in the first round and giving the Kiwis the place in the bronze race.  Well, idk if 'lucky' is the right word since the Aussies didn't look good here at all.  

I hate the hypothetical scenarios, but I think we would have certainly beat Australia too.

7 hours ago, orangeman said:

Yeah, pretty much.  If Brianne can finish ahead of KJT and Jones in javelin she'll be in a good position for bronze because her 800m is very strong and you can get a lot of points there.  Thiam and Ennis-Hill would both basically have to not get a mark in javelin for her to get the gold.  Another worry is Schafer in 6th, just behind Brianne.  But her 800m is much weaker.  

And Brianne sets a personal best in the Javelin beating those two. Fingers crossed for something special here!