website statistics

Canada National Thread

juddy96

There’s our surprise! this is one of my favourite events in the Olympics and so glad Canada got it’s first medal in it. 

That being said Kelsey Mitchell looks absolutely dynamite and it’s unfortunate she got boxed in. Hopefully she can medal in the sprint. 

3 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Canada should really be a gold medal contender in the team sprint for the next Olympics, I feel like that event is what would really play to Mitchell's strengths.

The RBC training ground program found both racers too.

They will need a third for Paris.

10 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The RBC training ground program found both racers too.

They will need a third for Paris.

don't they only need two for women's sprint and three for the men? Because Lauriane and Kelsey got fourth at the last worlds in the team and it was just them

16 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Canada should really be a gold medal contender in the team sprint for the next Olympics, I feel like that event is what would really play to Mitchell's strengths.

yeah we would have been a real contender here but this team only formed over past year or so and couldn't get enough points despite finishing fourth at the last worlds

2 minutes ago, Surlympics said:

yeah we would have been a real contender here but this team only formed over past year or so and couldn't get enough points despite finishing fourth at the last worlds

These Olympics is the very last women's team sprint contested with two riders. It's a very positive change imo.