website statistics

CISM Military World Games 2019

Totallympics

I missed all the lifesaving at the 2017 World Games, so I’m glad to finally watch some world class lifesavers for the first time. It’s interesting, I wouldn’t say it’s any better or worse than “regular” swimming, but it’s interesting.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

The races are good and all, but the underwater camera look at Chinese men in speedos constructing the obstacle swim is the highlight of the day :p.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Does anybody know if a gold medal in these games will get the :KOR athletes a military exemption?

3 godziny temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

I missed all the lifesaving at the 2017 World Games, so I’m glad to finally watch some world class lifesavers for the first time. It’s interesting, I wouldn’t say it’s any better or worse than “regular” swimming, but it’s interesting.

At TWG I also watched water rescue with interest. I miss this as a show competition, e.g. at the world championships. FINA wake up, time for change!

:roflmao: Classic “celebrated to early” moment in the Judo finals from yesterday. :MGL thinks he’s won, only to get iponned by :ITA next go :p

Would anyone find it helpful if I posted a complete (mostly) list of event replays? 

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Does anybody know if a gold medal in these games will get the :KOR athletes a military exemption?

I too thought about this. The Korean constitution says for military exemption a medal in either Asian Games or Olympics is required.All other events don't count!!  

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Would anyone find it helpful if I posted a complete (mostly) list of event replays? 

Please, do it! There are many events I would enjoy watching. Also, I can't find anything in artistic gymnastics, and I would appreciate any video.