website statistics

Team Ireland - Paris 2024 Qualification Tracker Road to Paris 2024

10 minutes ago, dodge said:

On form she won’t get out of the heats. There’s clearly something wrong. No way is she 15s behind some of those girls 

However, Adeleke is absolutely a medal contender now. Any doubt I had was wiped tonight. 

Her v Paulinho v Kaczmarek v the doper from Bahrain for the medals now I think 

Hard to know with Naser, I don't think she'll be at the level needed having hardly run in recent years. On current form the medals look like they will be carved up between the other three, but you never know for sure I guess. Bring it on!

Look at Naser’s race on race improvement. Very worrying for me! Wouldn’t be surprised if Miller-Uibo is peak fitness either

Regardless, it also wouldn’t shock me if Rhasidat won gold. Shes in that territory 

There's been no official confirmation or announcement of our final team number, but it looks like it is 132 athletes if I'm not mistaken? Wikipedia has 133 but they seem to be counting Jack Raftery in athletics but he shouldn't be counted in the official quota if I understand correctly.

There was obviously something going on when Mageean skipped nationals, it's disappointing to see, hopefully she can regain some form and put herself in mix to at least make the final.

Has the golf team been officially confirmed?

1 hour ago, OlympicIRL said:

There's been no official confirmation or announcement of our final team number, but it looks like it is 132 athletes if I'm not mistaken? Wikipedia has 133 but they seem to be counting Jack Raftery in athletics but he shouldn't be counted in the official quota if I understand correctly.

132 is the number (assuming 4 golfers and 3 cycling road racers are confirmed)

Probably one for a new thread on the games itself once started but I have spent a little bit of time this morning looking at the schedule from an Irish perspective. With a team of 132 it is pleasingly stacked, especially for the first nine days (it does thin out significantly after the middle weekend). I don't see one day that stands out in particular, but the stretch from Thursday 1st August to Sunday 4th August looks like a whole lot of fun with multiple Irish medal chances across rowing, boxing, showjumping, cycling, gymnastics, golf, swimming and possibly athletics during those four days. By the night of the 4th we'll already likely have a reasonable idea whether these are going to be considered a successful games for Ireland or not, even allowing for the athletics and other events to follow after that.

18 minutes ago, Cosmo Kramer said:

Probably one for a new thread on the games itself once started but I have spent a little bit of time this morning looking at the schedule from an Irish perspective. With a team of 132 it is pleasingly stacked, especially for the first nine days (it does thin out significantly after the middle weekend). I don't see one day that stands out in particular, but the stretch from Thursday 1st August to Sunday 4th August looks like a whole lot of fun with multiple Irish medal chances across rowing, boxing, showjumping, cycling, gymnastics, golf, swimming and possibly athletics during those four days. By the night of the 4th we'll already likely have a reasonable idea whether these are going to be considered a successful games for Ireland or not, even allowing for the athletics and other events to follow after that.

Not sure if you saw it but I opened a thread with the Irish-specific schedule here:

Ideal. With the qualification process all but finished I don't know if that's the best place to take the discussion going forward or whether separate threads will be set up for the various sports?

2 minutes ago, Cosmo Kramer said:

Ideal. With the qualification process all but finished I don't know if that's the best place to take the discussion going forward or whether separate threads will be set up for the various sports?

Yes I think we can start thinking about what threads we need. I don't think we'd need one for every sport though but open to suggestions on what threads we would like @dodge @mpjmcevoy @Oldira @Ogreman @duineeile @mattiekav119