website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Russia-Ukraine War

Totallympics

14 minutes ago, Illya said:

Yeeeeeeeeeees , it's totally true and that's how I feel this situation

For what it's worth, a very large majority of people (at least here) is very much in favour of all these sanctions meant to isolate Russia economically and such, but yeah....politicians decide, unfortunately..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

For what it's worth, a very large majority of people (at least here) is very much in favour of all these sanctions meant to isolate Russia economically and such, but yeah....politicians decide, unfortunately..

For us it's not that simple. Orbán is saying that he wants peace and the trade with Russia to continue because that's exactly what his voters want to hear one month before the Hungarian elections. The opposition went full anti-Russian yesterday like most Western politicians and I think they might lose the Hungarian election because of it. There's also a very clear pro-Russia sentiment on social media from conservatives, many Hungarians blame the Americans and NATO for this conflict. 

12 minutes ago, Vektor said:

many Hungarians blame the Americans and NATO for this conflict. 

This is present here too, but luckily not as much (still annoyingly loud though).

Spoiler

Somewhat annoyingly, my Russian-roots boss, otherwise excellent and very friendly guy who I definitely like working for, is one of them :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

54 minutes ago, Vektor said:

many Hungarians blame the Americans and NATO for this conflict. 

They are right , usa is looking to put their military bases everywhere to controle  countries  and steale their richness , of course they hide themselves behind organizations like UNn ,nato....etc 

any conflict in this world : usa is in 

Some more thoughts:

1) To me it looks as if Putin is (very) ill. Maybe he knows that he won't have a lot more time, so nothing is off the table.

2) I don't think that this will end after Ukraine and i am not sure how afraid Putin is of attacking a NATO/EU state. Moldova sadly seems like a likely victim.

3) Whatever sanctions the west will impose on Russia, the same sanctions have to be imposed on Belarus as well.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.