website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Russia-Ukraine War

Totallympics

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

Izium is again Ukrainian :yes

in last 5 days, the :UKR forces liberated as much territory as the Russians had conquered since April :p

With Russia being the largest weapons and munitions supplier of Ukraine these past days :banana: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

19 hours ago, bestmen said:

lol  i'm not for the war ... but Russians will not accept loss , they keep their advanced weapons for the last step 

If I was a Russian, I'd hope so, because what they have shown so far in the past 7 months is absolutely pathetic. Like they had hundreds of army bases full of old crap they needed to get destroyed, so they thought it'd be cool to let Ukraine and it's friends do that.

This was will make even game designers think again. Like Russians invading the US or Europe (Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2/3), lol. They can't even properly invade one neighbour country without being forced back with their tails behind their legs.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

47 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If I was a Russian, I'd hope so, because what they have shown so far in the past 7 months is absolutely pathetic. Like they had hundreds of army bases full of old crap they needed to get destroyed, so they thought it'd be cool to let Ukraine and it's friends do that.

This was will make even game designers think again. Like Russians invading the US or Europe (Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2/3), lol. They can't even properly invade one neighbour country without being forced back with their tails behind their legs.

What happened in the past 7 months is really confusing for me. Because I felt the controlled area is the same as it started in a week. Even though we continuously see some news the situation is back and forth a little bit. But in general, the line of control is almost the same in past 5 months and I don't see any sign of breakthrough of either side. Is this war going to last couple of years?

46 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

What happened in the past 7 months is really confusing for me. Because I felt the controlled area is the same as it started in a week. Even though we continuously see some news the situation is back and forth a little bit. But in general, the line of control is almost the same in past 5 months and I don't see any sign of breakthrough of either side. Is this war going to last couple of years?

Yeah, it's been said over the summer, the Russian forces aren't strong enough to make a significant push to take more land, their main goal was obviously to take Kiev within the first week of the war, maybe have Zelensky flee the country and then have the war end literally two weeks after it has started. It's all gone in the gutter for the Russians though. The recent Kharkiv offensive shows they don't even want to fight a defensive war and don't have the manpower to occupy those areas when they are the ones under attack. The war will most likely last at least two more years unless EU countries suffer from public protests during the winter due to gas shortages & prices rising. That might force EU to stop with the military supply to Ukraine and help the Russians (it's basically their last chance, they're not winning the war with some ancient USSR weapons found in some warehouse in the Kirgizstan desert).

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

Russia gained a lot of ground quickly in the beginning, but it slowly but surely came grinding to a halt as well. Pretty soon they were already pushed back in certain areas (like Hostomel airport, which they captured quickly, but no reinforcements ever came and then they were kind of destroyed), while still having some small wins in others. Now the Russians are 'advancing backwards', so to speak, with Ukraine being helped a ton by a lot of other countries and especially having a lot of big successes in the past 2-3 weeks.

Russian army also seems to be extremely demoralized. Their general war doctrine of having high-ranking officers right there at the battlefield (which makes them relatively easy to be killed) and of regular soldiers simply having no single initiative whatsoever without a superior to tell them exactly what to do is also getting them in big trouble.