website statistics

World Beach Games 2019

Olympian1010

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

Any link? I need a VPN?

Nope. Just search Alkass and it should be easy to find where to watch the game.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@TomJa

:POL report from today ;) 

- Beach Volleyball 4x4 - :POL advanced to the semis after win against :GER 2:0 (11, 9). In match for final they will face :QAT (they won today with :CHI also 2:0).

- Beach Handball - our girls lost with :BRA 0:2 (12:14, 8:20). Tomorrow they'll play with :ESP for place 5-8.

- Kitefoil - Julia Damasiewicz won races no 2 and 3, and was second in 4, 5 and 6. In overall she's second with 3 pts loss to leading :USA Moroz. Magdalena Wojciechowska in todays races was 6th, 5th, 11th, two times 8th and 7th. In overall she's 8th. That means Damasiewicz is already in final where four athletes will compete for medals and Wojciechowska has to start i one of the semis where winners will advanced to final. In men's competition Zakowski didn't finish todays first race and later wa placed as 12th, 6th, 12th and two times as 7th. In overall he's 11th so he also will race in semis.

Tomorrow Alicja Ulatowska and Kamil Damentka will compet in aquathlon mixed relay, our handballers will play for place 5-8 and two most important things (maybe in whole games): voleyball players will fight for final and Julia Damasiewicz (and maybe Wojciechowska and Zakowski but I don't believe in them) for medal in kitefoil.

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@phelps this is the first time I’ve seen your young boulder prodigy. She’s gotten the farthest on the first boulder (before the best twi in the semifinals). I’m quite impressed.

do you mean Laura Rogora? she's very good (actually, junior world champion) not only in Boulder, but also in Lead (where she almost made the final at the Innsbruck Worlds last year)...

by the way, I hope she doesn't leave the sport before she can actually win something (I recently read an interview where she was saying that she left her birthplace -Rome- because she didn't feel happy anymore there...she wanted to live in the mountains, because she dreams of rock climbing...she is way more interested in climbing the natural walls rather than competing on artificial walls...and this makes me think she will never get what she might reach in the competitive Sport Climbing)...

Przed chwilą, phelps napisał:

do you mean Laura Rogora? she's very good (actually, junior world champion) not only in Boulder, but also in Lead (where she almost made the final at the Innsbruck Worlds last year)...

by the way, I hope she doesn't leave the sport before she can actually win something (I recently read an interview where she was saying that she left her birthplace -Rome- because she didn't feel happy anymore there...she wanted to live in the mountains, because she dreams of rock climbing...she is way more interested in climbing the natural walls rather than competing on artificial walls...and this makes me think she will never get what she might reach in the competitive Sport Climbing)...

From what I read, she likes the Collepardo region and that's where she showed off her success in the Réveille-toi 9a project. Most of the most serious lines in Collepardo are signed with the Italian name. Among the more interesting ones are, among others, such proposals as: Tomorrowland extension 8c +, La Gasparata 8c + / 9a and Sitting Bull 8c + / 9a. Of course, Rogora also has achievements in other areas. She made her first 9a in Sperlonga, Grandi Gesti fell there three years ago. A year later she brought 9a Joe-cita from Oliana. Earlier this year, she defeated Esclatamàsters 9a in the Perles area.
I don't know if she finally managed to get Esclatamàsters 9a?

Watched the beach wrestling finals. surprisingly I saw lots of familiar names. Dato Marsagashvili !!! :lol: and our Olympic medalist failed to win the gold here.lost it to Inam of Pakistan. this guy Inam wins medals in beach wrestling but he is VERY weak in normal wrestling. which is a bit weird. the difference between wrestling on the mat and beach isn't that big. to be world champion in one and very weak in another .

despite beach wrestling being active in Iran, we have just one wrestler here (apparently through Wild Card) because Iran didn't participate in any of those "World Series" to qualify. we weren't supposed to even participate in this WBG, that only changed when USA dropped hosting the event. that guy and our beach soccer team are the only events left for Iran.

1 hour ago, phelps said:

No that’s not who I was talking about. There was a different 18 year old who made the final (and actually didn’t look good after the first wall, I think she was too tired from yesterday’s efforts).

Well Climbing is much like Parkour/Freerunning. Think of Sport Climbing as Freerunning and of Natural Climbing as Parkour. Naturalists only use a gym every so often to get some strength training or form work in. A lot time they’ll have interviews there too, just because they can mess around during the interview. Sport Climbers are generally younger, and better at dynamic movement. A lot of them don’t try Natural Climbing until they’re a long way into their career. They tend to spend almost every day in the gym, and see Natural Climbing is a fun little challenge to try here and there. Now, there are expectations, Adam Ondra for instance. Adam excels at both to point where Reddit Climbing (probably the best online climbing community (that I know of)) is jealous of him. I’d say the majority of climbers (and mountaineers) stick to their own lane.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I’m sad that I missed most of today’s finals because I had classes :(. Plus, I have a crap ton of work that needs to be down by tomorrow.

Can’t watch the games at all today :cry:. I’m giving a speech on Migrant Laborer Conditions In Qatar at my university, and I need to practice desperately.