website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

2 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Lol @ Jacob Ingebrigtsen diving at the end of the 5000 m race to save his 5th place ... :lol:

Qatar got a lot of criticism because the attendance is/was so bad, but i think it is actually a positive thing, because it shows that Qatar isn't a dictatorship and can't force people to attend the competition.

It was also great to see how happy the thousands of ethiopians were when their compatriot won the gold medal. It really paid off for them to get vacation just for this and to fly all the way to Qatar, i wish that people from other nations would be equally enthusiastic.

Their not on vacation. Qatar has several thousand Ethiopian migrant workers and are essentially semi-slaves within the country. I’m actually doing a college research paper on it right now. There’s also large concentrations of Nepalese, Indian, Pilipino, and other South Asians as well.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

Cienfuegos and Bigot are reason enough to convert me into an avid fan of men's hammer throw now. 

I can’t be the only person that saw “Bigot” and didn’t think this was another argument:facepalm: :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Grassmarket said:

You'd have to like cooking, I think.

Last time I seriously tried to cook something, I was at my mom's house and I forgot a pan with hot oil on the stove. When I came back, the flames were reaching the ceiling, and the path for me to throw the oil inside the kitchen sink was blocked. The only solution I found was to literally scream warning people to move out and threw the flaming pan out of the window. Thankfully no one was hurt, but my mom's neighbors laugh at me until this day.

2 hours ago, phelps said:

and here some "colour" news...

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/09/30/sport/athletics-starting-block-camera-scli-intl-spt/index.html

it looks that the German sprinters are quite shy, after all...:rofl:

We need pictures of those who complain, so we can make a fair an educated decision on this topic. ;)