website statistics

Athletics IAAF World Championships 2019

Wumo

51 minutes ago, orangeman said:

I agree.

This modern idea that skinny = healthy has really done damage to so many lives in our society.  I've lived in East Asia where the majority of people are very skinny.  And if you ask many of them to help you move a 20 lbs desk they'll faint from exhaustion.  Not to mention the mental health damage they endure from endless ridicule if they eat more than 3 bites at dinner.  There are healthy and unhealthy people of all sizes.  I'm always amazed at the concern some people suddenly have for the health of strangers, especially women.  But let's be real here, it has nothing to do with health and everything to do with hate, discrimination and selfishness.  If it were about health, these people would care equally about steroid abuse, smoking, drinking and mental well-being (and thus wouldn't be so mean to strangers).  

Not that it should matter, but she lost 50 lbs over the last year.  Again, if people actually cared about her health they would know that and be celebrating her progress rather than attacking her.  But as I said, the hatred has nothing to do with concern for her health.  

In any event, DeAnna Price was on the American softball team, played 4 sports at the elite level in college and just won a gold at the highest level.  Meanwhile some troll on the internet who probably struggles to scratch his own ass is trying to attack her because she doesn't fit his fantasy of the perfect woman.  Who is the winner and who is the loser in this situation?  

Since when professional sport is about health? It NEVER is about health.

Besides, let's face it, you have ZERO chance of success in hammer if your weight is 110 lbs or something. Just watch heptathlon and some women struggling in shot put & javelin. Meanwhile the likes of Skujyte may finish bottom five in the hurdles sprint but she dominates the shot put with ease.

2 hours ago, phelps said:

if your idea of "healthy" is being as skinny (anorexic/bulimic in some cases) as long distance runners/road cyclists and any other endurance sport or stuffed with steroids/artificial hormons and other devilish medicines like sprinters or weightlifters or any other sport that requires a bit of power and strenght...:whistle:

well, I take as a better role model those "morbidly obese" people all of my life...

p.s. you look at the half empty glass (and being racist, because this is a form of racism as well)...just change for a while your perspective...think about how much they can do for all those people who are heavily depressed and unhappy because they are discriminated just for their size/aspect...

kids should learn education and respect, not only "healthy" habits when it comes lunch/dinner time...

1) You clearly don't know what the word "racism" means ... i think the word you were looking for is "discrimination" ... thank me later!

2) Most of the elite athletes aren't healthy, but apart from the super skinny distance runners everyone is far more healthy than someone who is overweight by a couple hundred of pounds ...

If you are ultra skinny, you are maybe 20 pounds underweight, but dozens of the athletes in the throwing events are overweight by at least 100 pounds and for them it will be much more difficult to get back to normal weight. People who are overweight need help and sadly they won't take it as long as they can be successful in a sport while being obese.

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Just now, bestmen said:

as i expected they put Lahoulou in the lane 8 the worse one , while he had the 4th best time

They run on lanes 2 - 9, so 8 is not the worst. btw, lanes 8 and 9 ar far better than 2 and 3. And above all, as always the center 4 lanes are given to the three semi final winners plus the runner-up with the best time of the semis, that's Copello. First think than screaming 'conspiracy', dude ;) (and btw, good luck to Lahoulou)

2 hours ago, orangeman said:

I agree.

This modern idea that skinny = healthy has really done damage to so many lives in our society.  I've lived in East Asia where the majority of people are very skinny.  And if you ask many of them to help you move a 20 lbs desk they'll faint from exhaustion.  Not to mention the mental health damage they endure from endless ridicule if they eat more than 3 bites at dinner.  There are healthy and unhealthy people of all sizes.  I'm always amazed at the concern some people suddenly have for the health of strangers, especially women.  But let's be real here, it has nothing to do with health and everything to do with hate, discrimination and selfishness.  If it were about health, these people would care equally about steroid abuse, smoking, drinking and mental well-being (and thus wouldn't be so mean to strangers).  

Not that it should matter, but she lost 50 lbs over the last year.  Again, if people actually cared about her health they would know that and be celebrating her progress rather than attacking her.  But as I said, the hatred has nothing to do with concern for her health.  

In any event, DeAnna Price was on the American softball team, played 4 sports at the elite level in college and just won a gold at the highest level.  Meanwhile some troll on the internet who probably struggles to scratch his own ass is trying to attack her because she doesn't fit his fantasy of the perfect woman.  Who is the winner and who is the loser in this situation?  

You are trying to make the point that someone who (in your opinion) attacks someone else is a loser by attacking that person yourself ... ?

In addition to that you make up some nonsense claims (where did i say that skinny = healthy or that this has anything to do with gender?) just to "prove" them wrong, instead of actually trying to answer to what i actually said. It is also interesting to see that you apparently are able to read my thoughts and to tell my reasons for saying something ...

Did i say what i said because i am concerned about her health? No, i don't care about her health, but that doesn't change the fact that being overweight by that much can't be healthy and i think that it is not a good development when the best "athletes" in certain "sports" are all massively overweight. This doesn't really line up with the idea of somethin you do to improve your health. Also you really can't tell how much i care about steroid abuse, smoking, drinking and so on, but still you think that you can make a claim about my amount of care for those problems, which clearly indicates to me that you don't have a very logical approach to this discussion which sadly makes any discussion with you pretty "difficult". If you would have actually done some "research" instead of making up some nonsense claims, you would have found out that i expressed equal "concerns" when Andrea Vergani (the italian swimmer) was banned for the use of marihuana. I could now quote you the exact page in the swimming thread where i wrote this, but i won't do this because you don't seem to be interested in a real discussion and actually it would have been up to you to check your facts before making random claims. I think the reason why you weren't willing to that is that you were sure that you could "win" this discussion by simply saying the opposite of what i said and "winning" this discussion was actually more important to you than being wright, so you couldn't be bothered to check your facts. In my opinion this is another problem of modern society, it isn't about being right or presenting logical arguments, but only about who is winning by screaming the loudest. Overall based on this discussion i have to say that you don't seem to be very good at leading a discussion, possibly because you are very emotional about this topic (for one reason or the other). I think you could really profit from taking a step back to look at this topic rationally.

At her weight you can't be healthy and this nonsense that everyone has the right to be as fat as he/she wants and everyone else has to praise them for that has to stop. This idea has led to more than half of the american people being overweight and it is getting worse and worse. In the end it is not healthy to be overweight and in the long run many of those people will become a burden to society and it will be the normal weight people who will have to pay for those overweight people, because they aren't able to control themselves.

Last of all thanks for caring about my health, but i am happy to inform you that i am in a very good shape, weighing around 69 kg at 177 cm with around 12 % body fat. I would be happy to show you pictures as a proof if you are willing to do the same?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Quick explanation:

In which athletics events do heavier athletes usually compete? Hammer, discus throw, shot put.

Which country's performance in those events is getting worse, going from always winning 3,4,5 medals at every WCH edition to 0 medals in 2017 and maybe 1 this year? Germany.

Therefore: hate on the "obese people" who win medals in those events, they set a very bad example for children.

Who is the most evident example of top athlete who is extremely and unhealthily skinny? Klosterhalfen, a German.

Therefore: no problem with dangerously underweight people, they're not such a bad example for children.

4 minutes ago, bestmen said:

they give the adventage to USA , why dont they give them the Gold right now

Yes, reminds me of 2016 when Centrowitz won gold against Makhloufi. If doping isn't enough, they will also pay the referees.