website statistics

Athletics

intoronto

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Josh said:

44.09 PB and Canadian record for Christopher Morales-Williams in the men’s 400m at the PAC-12 Championships :hyper::cheer:

For the second time in three weeks, that’s another day with 2 CANADIAN RECORDS IN ATHLETICS!! Absolutely insane. 

(April 20, with Leduc in the women’s 100m and Katzberg in men’s hammer throw)

Edited by Josh

Posted (edited)

Not exactly suited to this thread, but with how well Canadian athletes have been performing, Gracenote’s projected number of medals for us seem a bit off. 

Edited by Josh

I thought I was done reporting news on Canadian athletics, but wait, there’s more :yikes:

Jazz Shukla, with a new PB and first sub 2:00, clocking 1:59.94 in the women’s 800m at the LA Track Fest! 0.64 off the Olympic standard, but should qualify through the rankings regardless. Also a 2:03.99 SB for Madeleine Kelly, 4:03.87 SB for Lucia Stafford and 4:05.92 SB for Simone Plourde in the women’s 1500m, 3:37.56 SB for Cameron Proceviat,

I know she’s coming back from injury but 4:23.48 is concerning for Gabriella De Bues-Stafford. 

5 hours ago, Josh said:

Not exactly suited to this thread, but with how well Canadian athletes have been performing, Gracenote’s projected number of medals for us seem a bit off. 

It always is way lower than how we actually do.