website statistics

Athletics

intoronto

4 minutes ago, james89 said:

It almost looks like he's encouraging the other athletes.... The good news it looks like he maybe could go even faster

Not what I’m seeing, but I totally agree with you that it looked like he was easing up at the end. Valuable points towards Olympic qualification up for grabs though, that’s an opportunity missed for him. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 2:39 PM, Josh said:

Next few meets for Ethan Katzberg have been announced (not officially, but through my research. 

On May 18, he’s entered in the men’s hammer throw competition at the Orlen Janusz Kusocinski Memorial, and on May 25, at the Hallesche Werfertage.

Other notable events are Gotzis on May 18/19, where we’ll see Damian Warner and Pierce LePage in the decathlon, and the Atlantic City Games on May 18, as Mariam Abdul-Rashid will compete in the women’s 100m hurdles (entry lists aren’t officially out yet so there could be more Canadians in action)

On May 15, at the Meeting Savona, Jerome Blake is entered in the men’s 100m. On May 18, at the LA Grand Prix, Mo Ahmed in the men’s 5000m, and the long awaited return to competition for Alysha Newman in women’s pole vault, after suffering an injury late in the indoor seasonOn May 19, the Rabat Diamond League, where we’ll be seeing Sarah Mitton in women’s shot put, and Andre DeGrasse in the men’s 100m. 

Might be some names that are missing, full entry lists aren’t out yet for a lot of events. 

Edited by Josh

On 5/11/2024 at 5:54 PM, Josh said:

Nope, that was a mistake by me, I was looking at a Twitter list and they didn’t have LePage on it. The official Instagram for the event has confirmed that he’s entered on one of their posts. 

Lepage has now withdrawn from Gotzis

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Lepage has now withdrawn from Gotzis

Any reason why? Hopefully he’s just extending his training block. 

Entry list for the Atlantic City Games is out. Anicka Newell will also be competing in women’s pole vault. 

On May 18, at the Seiko Golden Grand Prix, Brendon Rodney is entered in the men’s 100m. On May 18, at the LA Grand Prix, Aaron Brown and Malachi Murray are entered in the men’s 100m. 

BIG week for Canadian athletics, a lot of our athletes that might be on the Olympic team are in action. 

CANADIAN RECORD ALERT!!

Celi McCabe goes 9:20.58 at the LA Grand Prix in the women’s 3000m steeplechase, smashing the previous mark of 9:22.40 by Lalonde in 2021! Of course, it goes without saying that it’s an Olympic qualifying time. 

Just now, Josh said:

CANADIAN RECORD ALERT!!

Celi McCabe goes 9:20.58 at the LA Grand Prix in the women’s 3000m steeplechase, smashing the previous mark of 9:22.40 by Lalonde in 2021! Of course, it goes without saying that it’s an Olympic qualifying time. 

Other notable results in the race include Regan Yee registering a DNF (hopefully not an injury), while Grace Fetherstonhaugh recorded a new SB of 9:39.62.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

CANADIAN RECORD ALERT!!

Beating the 2022 World Champion!!

What a result. Stunning.