website statistics

Day 8 (February 12th, 2022)

5 minutes ago, NearPup said:

So... are we actually going to beat the gold medal total from Nagano? Lillehamer? I'm starting to get worried we won't even get to the seven gold medal bar.

At this point we would be very lucky to reach 6 gold medals, we just don't have a lot of events in which we are the overall favourite.

9 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Canada has a date with :NED in the semis of the women's team pursuit.

Pretty good race from the women! Based on what we saw in the quarterfinals, beating the Dutch shouldn't be too much of a problem unless they were holding back. Japan is going to be tough though. Hopefully they can come through!

3 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Canada has a date with :NED in the semis of the women's team pursuit.

I'm watching the CBC feed online and Kristina Groves and Steve Armitage I don't think realized were being aired and were being a bit frank.

And then they both had technical problems.

Just now, NearPup said:

Do spill the beans. I was on the RC feed.

Ha - it wasn;t too exciting Kristina doubled down on her theory that the Netherlands not training is a weakness and texted someone named "Scott" who corroborated this. She also said Ivanie isn't looking as strong as she did at the fall World Cups but she wasn't concerned about that for Canada. 

And then she more demanding to the tech people than I would have been.

Just now, james89 said:

Ha - it wasn;t too exciting Kristina doubled down on her theory that the Netherlands not training is a weakness

Ya, I think that's pretty obvious. :NED has way underperformed their raw ability at every Olympics other than 2014. It's pretty clear that teamwork and strategy actually really does matter in this race, and the Dutch not having a cohesive national team hurts them here.

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

Ya, I think that's pretty obvious. :NED has way underperformed their raw ability at every Olympics other than 2014. It's pretty clear that teamwork and strategy actually really does matter in this race, and the Dutch not having a cohesive national team hurts them here.

I didn't say it was great insight - but it was frank insight. :lol:

On another a solid 9th place finish for the women's cross country relay - this was a 13th place in 2018/