website statistics

Day 8 (February 12th, 2022)

When's the next gold medal chance for Canada? Women's ice hockey on Thursday? Who am I kidding we probably will lose to Switzerland in the semis of whatever.

I think it's pretty telling that the two highlights of the Olympics have been when the judges gave Canada a gold medal by mistake and when five women got disqualified for wearing clothes that were too baggy.

Edit: ya, so we haven't won a gold medal in five days and looking at the schedule the next event where Canada is either the outright favourite or a co-favourite to win gold is the 15th (men's snowboard big air, men's ski slopestyle, women's team pursuit), meaning we'll probably go at least a full week without winning gold. Brutal.

Final Thoughts

Another poor day for Canada, but at least we won a medal. We also lost a very good medal opportunity in men's 500m speed skating and lost all of our curling and ice hockey matches. While Rahneva recovered in the skeleton the second run from yesterday killed her chances. We also are in 6th in ice dancing, a medal was always going to be difficult, more so after watching their performance in the team event.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Final Thoughts

Another poor day for Canada, but at least we won a medal. We also lost a very good medal opportunity in men's 500m speed skating and lost all of our curling and ice hockey matches. While Rahneva recovered in the skeleton the second run from yesterday killed her chances. We also are in 6th in ice dancing, a medal was always going to be difficult, more so after watching their performance in the team event.

If you take 0.7 off Rahneva's terrible 2nd run it would still be by far her worst run but she would have been on the podium.  That's how bad her 2nd run was (and how good her other runs were).  

Anyway, today was fun for me personally.  Will report back more after some sleep.    

5 hours ago, orangeman said:

If you take 0.7 off Rahneva's terrible 2nd run it would still be by far her worst run but she would have been on the podium.  That's how bad her 2nd run was (and how good her other runs were).  

Anyway, today was fun for me personally.  Will report back more after some sleep.    

Genuinely glad at least one of us had fun yesterday xD