website statistics

Tennis US Open 2018

Totallympics

3 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Of course it was. Let's be honest, they all get coached during Matches. And it was maybe a bit unnecessary to give a warning for this. But Serena should have the class and experience to deal with it.

At first, I think she had. Then a few moments later... she was a MESS.

7 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Of course it was. Let's be honest, they all get coached during Matches. And it was maybe a bit unnecessary to give a warning for this. But Serena should have the class and experience to deal with it.

The only right thing Serena said is that if she was a man , she wouldn't have been penalized and i completely agree with her 

Edited by thepharoah

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

With this kind of behaviour (which is really not the first time) all she does is setting a horrible example for young players who watch this and think it's ok to act like a spoiled brat. 

Right, and we should all look up to MacEnrow (spelled it wrong because I’m upset) :redcard:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

I found the crowd worse than Williams. Really. I don't condone Williams' behaviour, but I can understand that she was under stress and reacted over the top in the heat of the situation. But the crowd?

We understand the social implications of the event (New York is extremely Progressive)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

The crowd was disgusting. Really disgusting.

Disgusting like the attitude y’all are showing Serena. I don’t know if Compton is universally known or if racism and sexism are issues in foreign countries, but this forum has let me down today :(

After watching the highlights and reading this thread I’m really disappointed today. Now, before I begin let me just say, that I’m really super happy for Osaka. I’ve followed her rise for the past few years and I’m overly joyed for her. 

However, the tournament as a whole has reflected a worrying attitude for me. It seems that since the 1920s Women’s Rights have been on the rise, but the wave of nationalism the world is experiencing right now seems to want to set woman’s rights back. I’ve seen numerous occasions of sexism in this form before, but I felt that it was really obvious and prevalent today. Serena is a world class athlete, she is allowed to make mistakes. However, in this tournament girls have been penalized for changing thier shirt, arguing (the same amount as men who are not punished), and have labeled and called names when they call out the blatant sexism in tennis. Serena has played with class, and I believe that she been mistreated the majority of her career because of her gender and skin color. I’m furious and sadden with the way her legitimate arguments were pushed aside today. People in my country are burning Nike’s for “disrespecting the anthem”, while not even defending our own athletes who are discriminated against on a regular basis.

I’m fed up with the sports world right now, things would be so different if someone competent was IOC President.