website statistics

Road Cycling Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Just now, dodge said:

If you click into an athlete on the UCI ranks, you can see their counting results

I did - and there is nothing there from the last week. :d Her score moved to 359 in the wk/bg 26-Sep off the back of European champs, but I don't think she has raced since then. Initially thought it was due to sanctions which may have dropped off at the start of new ranking season, but I checked Pidcock's ranking and his sanctions are still there, so I am at a loss as to how to explain the difference in ranking points. 

I have a question: can country register 2 different riders, having 1 quota in RR and TT? For example, can Ukraine choose both Kononenko and Biriukova, or we need to send only 1 rider who will participate in 2 disciplines?

6 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

So I'm pretty sure Wikipedia is completely incorrect. Here's my interpretation of the quotas.

Please let me know if there's any mistakes

Men:

World Rankings (4 quotas each): :BEL:DEN:SLO:GBR:FRA

World Rankings (3 quotas each): :ESP:NED:ITA:AUS:USA

World Rankings (2 quotas each): :SUI:POR:COL:NOR:GER:AUT:IRL:CAN:KAZ:NZL

World Rankings (1 quota each): :ERI:RUS:ECU:POL:LAT:MAR:CZE:HUN:MGL:JPN:ALG:SVK:UZB:LUX:GRE:RSA:VEN:ISR:EST:TUR:PAN:THA:ARG:UKR:CHN

2023 World Championships (1 quota each): :SWE

2023 African Championships (1 quota each): :MRI:UGA

2023 Asian Championships (1 quota each): :KOR:IRI

2023 Pan American Championships (1 quota each): :URU:BRA

Reallocated Host/World Championship Quotas: :RWA:CRC:HKG

Women: 

World Rankings (4 quotas each): :NED:ITA:BEL:SUI:POL

World Rankings (3 quotas each): :GBR:AUS:FRA:GER:CAN

World Rankings (2 quotas each): :DEN:USA:AUT:NZL:ESP:RSA:UZB:NOR:SLO:CHN

World Rankings (1 quota each): :RUS:FIN:UKR:THA:LUX:SWE:COL:CZE:HKG:CUB:KOR:RWA:IRL:BLR:SRB:SVK:MRI:BRA:CHI:ALG:NAM:CYP:JPN:ISR:POR

2023 World Championships (1 quota each): :HUN:LAT

2023 African Championships (1 quota each): :NGR:BUR

2023 Asian Championships (1 quota each): :VIE:MAS

2023 Pan American Championships (1 quota each): :MEX:CRC

Reallocated Host Quotas: :UAE:LTU

I had noted here after the Worlds that Ognjen Ilic (SRB) could also get a quota through his result at time trial, but this doesn't make sense right? Rereading the guide now and only Road Race results are counted.

8 minutes ago, Illya said:

I have a question: can country register 2 different riders, having 1 quota in RR and TT? For example, can Ukraine choose both Kononenko and Biriukova, or we need to send only 1 rider who will participate in 2 disciplines?

take the TT quota as the one for mixed doubles in tennis. Only athletes with a quota to RR can participate in it.

Capture d’écran 2023-10-18 à 09.10.45.png

1 hour ago, Illya said:

I am adraid - no (

Our federaion tried to get different starters in RR and TT at the previous edition of Olympics but was not allowed to do this.

1 hour ago, Illya said:

In theory you could - but if you've only earned 1 quota for road cycling, then you are stuck. But under the terms of the qualification document, any athlete who is entered into another cycling discipline would be eligible to be entered into the road cycling events - so if you had track cyclists qualified, then you could sub one in. 

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

In theory you could - but if you've only earned 1 quota for road cycling, then you are stuck. But under the terms of the qualification document, any athlete who is entered into another cycling discipline would be eligible to be entered into the road cycling events - so if you had track cyclists qualified, then you could sub one in. 

You can sub one in, but you can't go over the quota. 

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

This can be used tactically. In Tokyo, one of our road quotas was used to take an extra man for the team sprint and one of our two Madison riders took part in the road race. He did not finish the race IIRC.