website statistics

Athletics Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024

Totallympics

Currently an "impressive" amount of 5 athletes within the qualifying position, funnily enough in 7 different events,

Ján Volko in both M 100 & 200 and Viki Forster in W 100 Hurdles and 100 dash,

(Which btw led me to a maybe dumb question, do you guys by any chance know if a qualified athlete can be allowed for a double start if he/her wish (assuming the NOC have no entry in it), Viki Forster is already qualified in the Hurdles via standard, but let say may eventually miss the final cut in the 100 dash, Will she be still allowed to start in it even without qualifying thanks to her spot in other discipline (the Hurdles) and the fact no other athlete from the said nation did even qualify in W 100m ?)

Apart them only Gabika Gajanová (already qualified via standard in W 800m), Stanislava Škvarková in W 100 Hurdles and Dominik Černý in M 20km Race Walk both currently within the qualifying ranking positions

Field events went somehow to a complete oblivion in this country lately

Edited by hckošice

On 9/17/2023 at 2:08 PM, suchyy7 said:

tRUNsylvania International 10K - Brasov, Romania:ROU

September 10, 2023

Full Results

Women's 10 000m

Catherine Reline Amanang'ole :KEN

Joy Cheptoyek :UGA

So based on the Road to Paris tracker it seems like this event does not count after all? Not sure what the "SC" remarks mean on the results page.

6 hours ago, Tigercub said:

just a question: why is this road to paris thing (specifically the rankings) different from the world rankings in the website?

is it right to say that only events within the qualifying period are taken into account with this road thing?

Yes, exactly that. For Olympic purposes, the “Road To” page is the one that matters

Those who reach the qualifying standard are removed from the rankings (effectively put ahead of those in the rankings in order)

11 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

I wish they did a similar website for swimming

I update this daily :). Hope that kind of helps.

World Aquatics also has this but it takes a long time for some results to be uploaded.

Edited by Topicmaster1010

20 hours ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

I update this daily :). Hope that kind of helps.

World Aquatics also has this but it takes a long time for some results to be uploaded.

you're doing an awesome job here. The only thing missing here is the names of all the swimmers who have OQT from NOCs who have more than 2 swimmers with OQT

Edited by rafalgorka

Road to Paris - Team Poland as today (42 athletes in ind events) and there should be additional athletes in relays

100 - Ewa Swoboda Q, Magdalena Stefanowicz q, Krystsina Tsimanouskaya q

200 - Nikola Horowska q, Marlena Granaszewska q, Krystsina Tsimanouskaya q & Łukasz Żok q

400 - Natalia Kaczmarek Q

800 - Angelika Sarna q, Patrycja Wyciszkiewicz-Zawadzka q & Mateusz Borkowski Q, Filip Ostrowski q

1500 - Aleksandra Płocińska q

3000S - Alicja Konieczek Q, Kinga Królik q, Aneta Konieczek q

100H - Pia Skrzyszowska Q

110H - Damian Czykier q, Krzysztof Kiljan q

HJ - Norbert Kobielski Q

PV - Piotr Lisek Q

LJ - Nikola Horowska q

TJ - Adrianna Laskowska q

SP - Zuzanna Maślana q & Konrad Bukowiecki q, Szymon Mazur q

DT - Daria Zabawska q & Oskar Stachnik q, Robert Urbanek q

HT - Anita Włodarczyk Q, Aleksandra Śmiech q & Wojciech Nowicki Q, Paweł Fajdek Q, Dawid Piłat q

JT - Marcelina Witek-Konofał q & Dawid Wegner q, Cyprian Mrzygłód q, Marcin Krukowski q

Marathon - Aleksandra Lisowska Q & Adam Nowicki q

RW20 - Olga Chojecka q

Heptathlon - Adrianna Sułek Q2

Source:

If any others from any other NOCs could do sth similar for their NOCs from time to time It would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

I don't know how accurate this source is, relays certainly missing here (W 4x100m 8th; W 4x400m 7th; Mixed 4x400m 7th).

I doubt Ada Sułek will perform in Paris, she should give birth late January and heptathlon is Aug 8th-9th).

Or she performs like Miller-Uibo in Budapest.

I hope i'm terribly wrong here and she does a miracle and she will be one of the stories of the games being in - I don't know - Top 8, Top 6... swh close to her PB.

Anyway, i have a feeling she will be one of our biggest hopes for LA 28, she will be 29 then.