website statistics
[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted

Just waiting for Trump to lose his shit over this completely fair and needed rule for the third debate.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted

I think this acts as good proof that cats are actually man’s best friend and not dogs.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
1 minute ago, Grassmarket said:

Two weeks till the election, so naturally Joe Biden is going to take a holiday.  Nothing to do with having to dodge awkward questions about his corrupt whore-mongering cokehead son, of course - he just wants to catch up with Emily in Paris on Netflix.

He’ll address the concerns about Hunter Biden when Trump releases his tax returns :p

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic
Posted
8 minutes ago, dcro said:

That should be fun to follow. 200k daily cases, WR for Slovakia... Or maybe just 5k, proving that asymptomatic cases are really not that common?

They should do an antibody test on everyone. That way they’d know what percentage of the population has had Covid-19. 

Posted
47 minutes ago, NearPup said:

The primary was effectively over before COVID-19 became a major issue. Super Tuesday was a death blow to Sanders’ campaign.

Yeah, all the moderates and party officials consolidated under Biden in a last ditch effort to beat Sanders.

[OFF TOPIC] Coronavirus Pandemic
Posted

It’s amazing how many people can’t follow simple preventive measures like:

- Wear a mask

- Wash your hands

- Social Distance

- limit your exposure to other people

The amount of people who are willing to risk the lives of others because they “need” to see a movie, or attend a sporting event, or go shopping with friends, or go to dinner with friends, or go on a vacation is sickening. 

I just want to be clear that I understand some people have to work in-person, or have a essential jobs. That is perfectly fine, and they should absolutely follow the same guidelines above to the best their ability. I understand that people have physical, mental, social needs. I’m not trying to disqualify those. There’s plenty of ways to fulfill those needs without putting the lives of others at risk. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

Somehow it's true. But also thanks to the stage of UN, we human kinds already avoided a lot of potential hot wars replaced by diplomatic and political battles.

Yep, which is why I’d describe the UN as a necessary/useful tool for peace, but also a flawed one :d

Posted
7 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

They will and always interfere China’s issue by condemning and they also interfere Israel annexation by condemning. But in exchange, they lost huge Income from USA but what did they get in return? Self recognition and moral heights? What if they lose the second largest income source from China again? Who to pay the settlement fees of Rohinga refugees and other political and war related refugees? 

I am not saying that no human rights issue in China and Russia nor they are models to praise. But in practice the motivation of every vote is selfish and complex especially for those developing countries leaning on big powers. UN is not Utopia but a real battle ground of geopolitics. 

Which is an issue because the idea was to curb geopolitical conflicts, not add a new dimension to them.

Posted
34 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

It's quite understandable as USA quitting due to its condemning over Israel annexation. Without support of China and Russia, this organization may totally lose its international influence and becoming some crazy old lady keeps murmuring who nobody cares. No UN body could function normally when it loses support of USA, China and Russia simultaneously and UN is already trying very hard to balance the big powers from democracy to authoritarian, and from liberals to conservatives. Politics is not about idealism but compromises.

And they can’t function as they should with their interference.

Posted

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
3 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

That’s leftists for you - they all think he’s a racist, imperialist genocidaire, but still take the day off on his holiday.

I don’t get the day off today.