website statistics
1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

The provisional ranking before the final has been revealed, and Geolier is in the lead. As expected, he was booed again :)

Tonight apparently a lot of people will vote against him in the SuperFinal.

Tonight only the televote will count. Top 5 will advance at the SuperFinal (around 2/2.15 am Italian time), and press will count for 33%, radio 33% and televote 33%

IMG_20240210_211323_047.jpg

Why the booing for Geolier? 

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted
11 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

So what? Sweden can’t give EU membership to Turkey. There are 26 other members to have their say. 

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread
Posted
2 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

EU Membership.

But what have EU with NATO to do? Can Stoltenberg and Sweden fix EU membership for Turkey? Can anyone explain to me? 

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

It's the dissolution date of the Kalmar Union? :mumble:

Not like Poland had much joy with Sweden in the 16th century (outside from having a Swedish dynasty as Kings ;) ).

Haha yes it’s about the dissolution of the Kalmar Union :d

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted
9 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Commiserations to :DEN who have lost out on 176 Winter Olympic medals.

TBH I think Sweden lost even more WOG medals without Norway. ;)

[OFF TOPIC] General Chat
Posted

Sweden celebrates 500 years as an independent country today!  :wSWE:

It’s also Sweden National Day today June 6th. Congratulations to all Swedes. :clap:

26 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, that definitely isn’t it.

The jury votes seem less objective to me than the public. They almost always go for neighbors, geopolitical allies, or language cousins. 

I feel like they’ve been an annual nuisance since I started following the contest in 2019.

Eh really? If anything televoting is reflected by diaspora, sympathy votes, tactics and politics. Let’s remember it is a coincidence that Finland was the only country to not give Sweden televoting points? Not really . 

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

It was the most popular song of that year, but the war obviously helped. It would have won the televote even without the war, just by not that wide of margin. I mean, we just saw this year how a much weaker song from Ukraine performed in the televote, they can win the televote with any song they submit. Stefania won because it was also the most memorable song among the favorites, more unique than the by the numbers songs from Great Britain and Spain that only managed to be on the podium in 2022 because of their live vocals and dance choreography. 

I was just traveling by train two days ago in Hungary and heard people listening to Stefania. It will be remembered far more than Tattoo or some of the lesser winners of the modern era. 

And still Tattoo is #46 in the Spotify global chart now. 

[OFF TOPIC] Eurovision Song Contest 2023
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Vektor said:

This isn't the Grammy Awards, it's not about quality. It's about entertainment. But people do vote for quality songs and performances when someone truly breaks through. That's how Portugal got that huge win in 2017. That's how Italy won in 2021 despite representing a genre that rarely wins the televote. 

Televoting isn't flawless but it's what ensures the popularity of the contest. If they didn't switch to televote at the start of the modern era, Eurovision would be dead by now. People tune in to be entertained and see how the continent votes. Not a selected jury, but the people of Europe. 

If you think Stefania won the televoting because it’s popular then you are very naive. 

The point is that people complained last year too even if the the winner of televoting won the contest 

Edited by Belle

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Vektor said:

The new all time Top5 in the televote in the current 50-50 voting system. Cha Cha Cha and Grande Amore lost because the juries gave those wins to Sweden. 

Or the juries actually know quality? 

So according you Stefania is the best song ever? Better than Euphoria? 

Still Finland is the only country to not give any televoting points to Sweden? But televoting is flawless? 

Edited by Belle

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Well if you see Eurovision as one big cheating show, then yeah, cheating Finland :p (you know, with all the diaspora voting, X voting for Y every year, etc)

Actually that’s why I want the voting as it is now. 50% jury and 50% televoting.  

Edited by Belle

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

'Cheating Finland because they didn't give us points', come on :p 

Of all countries they were the only country to not give Sweden any televoting points. Coincidence? I really don’t think so. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Vektor said:

The rules clearly should be questioned as it has been for over a decade now, Sweden is only the main target of this because you seem to benefit the most from it. The juries simply favor Sweden more than the actual European public does. And that will continue to hurt your reputation in this show. People already see you as the "villain" of Eurovision because you benefit from a system where the votes of a few selected individuals are just as important as the votes of an entire continent. 

She was second in the televoting without even a single televoting point from cheating Finland 

you know the televoting can be tactical and unfair too?

last year everyone complained about Ukraine winning the televoting. The point is there are complaining about the winner almost ever year. Grow up 

Edited by Belle

Finland was the only country to not give Sweden any televoting points. Yeah nice and fair country Finland is. :facepalm:

Btw grow up people Sweden won fair according the rules both 2015 and 2023. Only kids are crying about the rules when they don’t win :rolleyes: