website statistics

OBS Olympic Intro - Seoul 1988 (beautiful music and love the simplicity of the video too :wub:)

OBS Olympic Intro - Barcelona 1992

OBS Olympic Intro - Atlanta 1996 (amazing music)

OBS Olympic Intro - Sydney 2000 (I love the music in this one :wub:)

OBS Olympic Intro - Athens 2004

OBS Olympic Intro - Beijing 2008

OBS Olympic Intro - London 2012 (very slick)

OBS Olympic Intro - Rio 2016

OBS Olympic Intro - Tokyo 2020

-----------------50------------------------------------  25------------------------------------   02-----

--------49---------------48------------------27---------------24-------------------04--------------01-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--47--------------------------46-------29---------------------------22-------06--------------------------03

-------------------------------------36-------------------------------------- 16-------------------------------

--45-------------------38--43-----   30--33---------------18--21-------08-13------------------ 05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------44--------40---41----------------28--31-------20--23----------------10-11----- ---07---

-----------------42------------------------------------- 26------------------------------------- 09-------------

----------------------39--------------------------32-------19--------------------------  12-----------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------37----------------34-------------------17---------------14-------------

------------------------------------ -35-------------------------------------- 15---------------

1 hour ago, maestro said:

You are allowed to bring up to two relay only swimmers for each qualified relay. 

In Ireland's case and supposing the medlay relay won't swim, you have one relay team and the two relay only swimmers, who will be McGeever and McMillan.

The other two spots in this relay team must be filled by swimmers who have qualified individually. 

Hyland might have been given an invitation to swim the 200 fly with an OST, as his 1.56.55 best time is very close to the 1.56.48 OQT. If that's the case, he and Ryan will swim in individual events and can complete the lineup for the relay. The total swimmers, though, will be nine and not ten.

Yes that’s exactly it, Brendan Hyland achieved the OST and was invited by FINA so he and Shane Ryan will swim the relay along with the 2 relay-only swimmers (McMillan and McKeever).

Swim Ireland said that Hyland was the only invitation they received from FINA for an OST swimmer and that was fortunate as it allowed them to participate in the relay. It was also fortunate for Hyland as Swim Ireland said in any other circumstance they wouldn’t have accepted any OST invitation from FINA :d 

17 days to go....

Olympic Countdown Clock

-----------------50------------------------------------  25------------------------------------   02-----

--------49---------------48------------------27---------------24-------------------04--------------01-

--47--------------------------46-------29---------------------------22-------06--------------------------03

-------------------------------------36-------------------------------------- 16-------------------------------

--45-------------------38--43-----   30--33---------------18--21-------08-13------------------ 05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------44--------40---41----------------28--31-------20--23----------------10-11----- ---07---

-----------------42------------------------------------- 26------------------------------------- 09-------------

----------------------39--------------------------32-------19--------------------------  12-----------

----------------------------37----------------34-------------------17---------------14-------------

------------------------------------ -35-------------------------------------- 15---------------

:KOR is the model of consistency :d 

Your Tokyo 2020 Schedule
Posted

Sydney 2000 was the only Olympics I couldn’t follow fully because I was at secondary school at the time :d 

Since that I have watched all the Summer Games pretty much fully (obviously not fully but you know what I mean).

Winter Olympics is another story of course, I don’t change my schedule for those but I did stay awake some nights during Vancouver 2010 because I wasn’t at school, didn’t have a job and had that luxury :d 

Incredible (and sad) to see Cuba with only 69 athletes! :yikes:

18 days to go....

Olympic Countdown Clock

:AUS have named a team of 472 athletes:

https://www.olympics.com.au/news/australian-olympic-team-for-tokyo-finalised/

Breakdown per sport can be found here on the Australian Olympic Committee website:

https://www.olympics.com.au/games/tokyo-2020/team/

19 days to go....

Olympic Countdown Clock

:LAT name a team of 30 athletes for the Olympics. They also named 5 others in athletics who will be added if they get invitations from World Athletics via the world rankings prociess. Of these 5, only 3 are currently inside the quota places in the Road To Tokyo rankings (Gunta Vaičule in W 200m and Rolands Štrobinders in M Javelin are just outside the quotas currently).

https://olimpiade.lv/lv/jaunumi/zinas/latvijas-komanda-olimpiskajas-speles-tokija-apstiprinati-30-sportisti-14-sporta-veidos-2079

https://olimpiade.lv/upload/content/30_sportisti_lok_ik_tokyo2020_komandas_prezentacija_medijiem.pdf

• :LAT Latvia - 30 (5 Athletics - 4 Basketball 3x3 - 4 Beach Volley - 1 Canoeing Sprint - 2 Cycling BMX Racing - 2 Cycling Road - 1 Equestrian - 1 Judo - 1 Karate - 1 Modern Pentathlon - 1 Shooting - 2 Swimming - 2 Tennis - 2 Weighlifting - 1 Wrestling)

@Benolympique

:KOR name a team of 12 swimmers (7 men and 5 women).

https://swimswam.com/world-junior-record-holder-hwang-sunwoo-heads-up-korean-oly-roster/

:COL 2 swimmers (1 man and 1 woman)

https://swimswam.com/colombia-names-murillo-and-arcila-to-2020-tokyo-olympic-roster/

:SGP 4 swimmers - 3 in pool and 1 in open water (2 men and 2 women)

https://swimswam.com/olympic-champion-schooling-leads-singaporean-squad-for-tokyo/

:BAH name a team of 2 swimmers (1 man and 1 woman)

https://swimswam.com/olympic-champion-schooling-leads-singaporean-squad-for-tokyo/

BBC Olympic Intro - Los Angeles 1984

BBC Olympic Intro - Barcelona 1992

BBC Olympic Intro - Atlanta 1996

BBC Olympic Intro - Sydney 2000

BBC Olympic Intro - Athens 2004

BBC Olympic Intro - Beijing 2008

BBC Olympic Intro - London 2012 :wub:  (the best ever)

BBC Olympic Intro - Rio 2016

BBC Olympic Intro - Tokyo 2020 (Trailer)

20 days to go....

Olympic Countdown Clock

3 weeks to go and the third ring is complete :clap:

Olympic Countdown Clock

Just now, hckošice said:

well, Ireland is not mentioned there, but the article claims 11 european markets, so who know ?

Anyway, you still have time, In the coming days there will be more informations I believe, so you can still wait a bit and see. or do you think the price will raise every day coming to the games ?  :d

I am waiting for @Sindo to enter the market so we can broadcast the Games from Totallympics :d 

100 live streams :wub:

30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Looks as though here we'll have both Eurosport Player, which will remain until at least early 2022, and Discovery+. Not sure whether one or the other will have more streams, but it does appear that the Player will still remain an option at least for Tokyo.

I might get a month subscription for Discovery+ (I mean, I'll get two fewer bottles of guaraná this month and the money is back) just to try it out and get used to it in case I do have to suddenly switch :d 

We should start a crowdfunding campaign…. “Raise funds for Totallympians to reach their dreams of watching hours of coverage of the Olympics”

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

You feel yourself being part of UK ? :d

I didn’t see Ireland mentioned but I thought for us is was going to be on Discovery+. I still don’t have certainty on whether it will be on the Eurosport player or Discovery in Ireland. I’ll probably end up subscribing to Discovery just to be sure :wall:

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

I just found in our medias that In SVK it will be Eurosport 1 & 2 (Czech versions and commentary) and everything else in their platform : Eurosport Player.

and obviously the main events in our public TV, RTVS 2 (aiming for Slovak athletes and the most important sports, Canoe Slalom, Canoe Sprint, Athletics)

In the article I also found this:

Olympijské hry v Tokiu 2020 bude možné sledovať na Discovery + v Dánsku, Fínsku, Taliansku, Holandsku, Nórsku, Švédsku, Španielsku a Veľkej Británii. Na všetkých ostatných európskych trhoch s výnimkou Ruska budú Letné olympijské hry Tokio 2020 k dispozícii na Eurosporte.

Translation:

The Tokyo 2020 Olympics will be available at Discovery + in Denmark, Finland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Spain and the United Kingdom. In all other European markets except Russia, the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics will be available on Eurosport.

I wonder are they including Ireland in the United Kingdom? :d 

Does anyone know what the parade of nations will look like? I mean will it just be the flag bearers alone for each nation?

4 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

I made 2 lists: 1 list whose countries have formalized their delegations and the other which is still awaiting formalization, thank you very much for your help.

Keep up the great work Ben :cheer:

@Benolympique

:IRL +1 in women’s artistic gymnastics

https://olympics.ie/team-ireland-gymnasts-announced/

You probably haven’t updated the boxing European ranking qualifiers yet but just in case you have, Ireland has 7 boxers going to Tokyo.

22 days to go....

Olympic Countdown Clock

1 minute ago, dodge said:

The only doubt is whether it’ll be the Eurosport player or the Discovery Plus app

Yes that’s the exact important detail I want to know :d