website statistics
1 hour ago, NearPup said:

Incredible win by :CAN Deanna Stellato-Dudek and Maxime Deschamps in the pairs event! Really didn't expect Canada to win a world title this year, at 40(!) I believe Stellato-Dudek is now the oldest ever world champion. Stellato-Dudek and Deschamps both had very long career, it's incredible to see them achieve a world title after so much time.

Silver for :JPN Riku Miura Ryuchi and Kihara, bronze for :GER Minerva Fabienne Hase and Nikita Volodin

Oldest female world champion, definitely.  I think there were some older men, pre-WW2. 

2 hours ago, Josh said:

I’m not going to be watching a single second of it as every time I try to watch an event (which is not very often mind you) I fall asleep (figure skating is probably my least favourite winter Olympic sport), but go :CAN :cheer:

They did go:

Edited by Triplecast

4 hours ago, avlar said:

And show must go on.

russians filed 3(!) appeals to CAS (from ROC, national skating federation and all the team mebers including Valieva).

Their demand: ROC team must be awarded with gold medals... including Kamila Valieva.

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

I wonder what they are smoking in Russia

What they are smoking is that they say ISU Rules only allow for a DQ of a team if you test positive at that competition, not testing positive from 7-8 weeks earlier.

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

I think we going to see the IOC come under major pressure to simply ignore Cas rulings. What’s the punishment if they simply refuse her to enter the arena. A fine? 

They may come under pressure but ignoring CAS opinion?  Won't happen.  IOC statement "We must follow the rule of law." 

30 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

I think all three Russians will pull out of the ladies. The IOC will urge them to pull out as even then IOC can see how damaging this is. They could easily lose western sponsors over Doping. 

If we are getting into conspiracies here, will all Western skaters threaten to pull out in the event Valieva competes?

42 minutes ago, NearPup said:

If I were Malinin I'd start asking myself if I wouldn't rather skate for Uzbekistan tbh...

Good point, but he'll likely go to Worlds this year and 4Cs, if he wants to.  Plus, he's now the favorite for the US title, if not next year, certainly before 2026.