website statistics
4 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

We've seen many cases of doping from China and Russia, so they are the ones responsible for tarnishing their own images. 

As a Canadian who saw the US shame Ben Johnson in 1988 while giving the gold to Carl Lewis, you'll excuse me if I don't trust the fair application of drug standards across all countries.  

Again, to be clear, I don't think Smith is juicing.  I'm just saying every time someone from certain countries shaves off multiple seconds from their PBs to give out of this world performances suddenly there are accusations and rumors.  

It's tough for Canada (women) to compete for gold in the medley relay with such a weak breaststroke.  Second slowest of the qualifiers, 2 seconds slower than the 4 teams who finished ahead of them.  Unless Pickrem decides to do two finals tonight, Canada will just fight for bronze.  I guess they could put Wog in, not sure how her 100 is (though her 100 split in the 200 race wasn't that far off Smith's split in the prelims today).  

Our men were so close to getting into the final, less than a second off.  Wasn't expecting them to make it, but it would have been nice.  

Edited by orangeman

4 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Who did see Pickrem as a lock for medals here anyway? PBs & medals are not enough? Does Canada think they're as good as USA & Australia now?

I honestly don't understand what you're going on about.  One individual swimmer says she thinks she can go faster with more work, and suddenly she's greedy and all of Canada is arrogant?  Have you ever spoken to any athlete anywhere?  

Masse now ties Pickrem for most individual medals at the WCs.  But Masse has 2 golds, so technically ahead.  Until tomorrow (hopefully) where Pickrem has a good chance in the 400 IM.  

Edit: Most individual medals for Canada.  

Edited by orangeman