website statistics
43 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Yeah, we had good goalkeepers before even by 1970s standards and then Młynarczyk in the 1980s (FC Porto fans might remember him). Overall we had a good crop of keepers in XXI century as well. Boruc was slightly overrated but made a name for himself in Celtic (he was generally disliked in Poland due to playing for Legia, everyone outside of Warsaw usually hates his club in Poland) and now we have a small controversy with Grabara who said he's not interested in sitting on the bench for NT (he would have been picked as GK #3 over Bułka if he didn't say those words and it was forgotten since there's no need to stir the pot for GK #3). Alas with Szczęsny heading for the exit door, Grabara should be in line to be GK #1 unless he fails at Wolfsburg. Skorupski & Bułka ain't exactly slam dunk choice over him right now.

There is a very good keeper , who is of polish origin & currently 3rd/4th choice in the Belgium set up. Does your federation look out for Polish origin players across Europe? Thomas Kaminski is a good keeper & can help Poland if Szczesny retires. 

Tbf Poland always had decent goalkeepers even before Szczesny. Both Boruc & Fabianski competed with him. Before them it was Dudek. 
It depends on the position also, Lewandowski is a generational talent & carried Poland to major tournaments with his goals. I feel once Lewandowski eventually retires it will leave a big vaccum for the Polish football system, Szczesny will not have that same effect. 

2 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The offside was clear but it was deemed impeding and the French GK wouldn't have saved it anyway IMO.

I thought the goal should have stood. It was a poor decision. VAR got it wrong, the ball was past the GK wven before he could react. This result also means Polska are the first country eliminated from the tournament 

This performance from the polish team will really hurt their loyal fans. 
You can loose any match but attitude & effort on the pitch matters, I found not only a lack of ability but lack of mentality to win the 50-50 balls & playing as if er life depends on it. 
Sad end for Lewandowski . 

Edited by Roamingrover86

39 minutes ago, konig said:

Why that sympathy for those teams? :mumble:

I always had a soft spot for Bolivia since they qualified for US’94 . I was sad Moreno could not get :BOL to a WC , his career deserved a WC appearance. 

As for Paraguay it is mainly due to Roque Santa Cruz ( he played for the club I support) & also for Larissa Riquelme 😉 

Edited by Roamingrover86

Mitrovic missed so many chances perhaps Dragan Stojkovic needs to start with Jovic & Vlahovic against Denmark. They were so bad & If I was a serb , I would be disappointed with some of the players attitude, it was as if Slovenia wanted it more. They were first to every 2nd ball. They are lucky to get a point . 

23 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

UEFA must sanction such players who are trying to stir up hatred on pitch . What fans do outside stadiums is not for UEFA or Host LoC to look into but the local police & government. 
But such hate speeches targeting an ethinic group on the field of play by a professional player must be clamped down by UEFA else this will spiral out of control. 
Today its an Albanian player tomorrow it could be a Serbian player, it won’t stop until UEFA steps in by suspending such individuals.