website statistics

Boxing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's fascinating how this happened to live stream just before the Azerbaijan's bout.

428e99dc11224416aa93c497ca724b33.png

I can tell you that Michael O'Reilly has just beaten the Azerbaijani boxer and is through to the Olympics :)

Our eighth boxing qualifier for Rio, and I'm so happy for Michael as he was already robbed of his place in a previous qualifier.

I just can't believe Cavallaro lost to Achilov (TKM)...

I couldn't watch the bout, but looking at the close score (2-1, with all the judges scoring 29-28, 1 for the Italian and 2 for the Turkmen) and thinking about the close ethnic relationship between Azeri, Turks and Turkmen, I can only hope the score is fair...:mumble:

by the way, it's a complete disaster for Italy...Rio 2016 it's gonna be our lowest point in Boxing since the absolute 0 we got in Barcelona 1992 and Atlanta 1996 (in terms of participation, it's already our smallest team ever)...:facepalm::wall:

2 minutes ago, Quasit said:

With a total of 0 athletes qualified, this should end discussions about how South Koreans cheat their way through. :wacko:

Only when it's in South Korea :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Britain is one fight away to qualify 10 male boxers out of 10.

Not bad, not fucking bad at all.

Now that's what I call seriously impressive. :bowdown:

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!