website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2016 Torch Relay

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Does anyone have any doubt that the person that will be the final torch bearer will be Pele? 

It would be the only second football player in olympic history to lights the flame if I´m not wrong, since Michel Platini in Albertville 1992

Just now, hckosice said:

It would be the only second football player in olympic history to lights the flame if I´m not wrong, since Michel Platini in Albertville 1992

well Football is not really a very big Olympic sport, however i dont believe there is any brazillian athlete bigger then him (i just hope they wont go the london route and let 5 kids to light the couldron , which did nothing because most of them went to college and are done with sport)

On 13.07.2016. at 19:39, Maxim Fastovsky said:

well Football is not really a very big Olympic sport, however i dont believe there is any brazillian athlete bigger then him (i just hope they wont go the london route and let 5 kids to light the couldron , which did nothing because most of them went to college and are done with sport)

Pele isn't an Olympian though, so I doubt that. Platini on the other hand was an Olympian in 1976.

#banbestmen

• 3 weeks later...