website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

New channel for equestrian means new commentators and these talk much more. I think they said something about Flarup's test twice other than that it has been a ton about other stuff. Guess I'll just wait for the Cross-country!. 

Flying changes were all croup-high for :DEN Flarup, but overall it was not a bad test.

The two bad tests came from Spain and Hong Kong, and I am surprised both still scored in the 40s. Especially Hong Kong.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Honestly I will never understand dressage... It looks really hard to understand. I remember that in some WC/WCh they had a livescore on the screen and it was more friendly for unexperter viewer.

Yeah, most international events have live scoring these days, so it is disappointing to not have one at the Olympics.

OBS commentators are doing a good job explaining things, in case you can access the OBS feed.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Yeah, most international events have live scoring these days, so it is disappointing to not have one at the Olympics.

OBS commentators are doing a good job explaining things, in case you can access the OBS feed.

I'm listening the OBS commentary on Eurosport, it looks nice. I didn't expected that the speak too much. I follow some sport with a concept similar to dressage (rhymic gymnastics and synchronized swimming) and I hate when commentators speaks A LOT during the routine :p

I think in Dressage even big mistakes are not easily to notice to untrained viewer. In some other judged sports big MAK takes are more common and clear to notice. 
like in the final of the individual Schneider made lots of mistakes but it was hard to see how she went from possible medal contender to finishing 15th. 

2 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

I think in Dressage even big mistakes are not easily to notice to untrained viewer. In some other judged sports big MAK takes are more common and clear to notice. 
like in the final of the individual Schneider made lots of mistakes but it was hard to see how she went from possible medal contender to finishing 15th. 

Essentially, it all comes down to the rhythm. Every step should look and feel the same. Like a metronome.

When a step suddenly feels different, then that's a deduction. When it feels really different, it's a mistake.

#banbestmen