website statistics

Rio de Janeiro Summer Olympic Games 2016 News

hace 2 horas, orangeman said:

NBC will be televising the OC on a one-hour delay.  They just can't help themselves with these delays for the Olympics, even when it's unnecessary!  

http://olympics.cbc.ca/news/article/nbc-air-olympics-opening-ceremony-hour-delay.html

Hahahaha. They probably fear there'll be samba and nipples and want to make sure their gun loving christians don't see anything too "inmoral" 

56 minutes ago, carivan said:

Hahahaha. They probably fear there'll be samba and nipples and want to make sure their gun loving christians don't see anything too "inmoral" 

Playboy! hooters! Playboy! hooters!

8 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

And to add to that: who exactly can stay in the Olympic village besides athletes? Only their actual coaches, or also officials of the federations? 

Yes, team officials will stay in the Village. The number of people expected during the Games is 17,000.

2 minutos atrás, kungshamra71 disse:

Really? So what do the federations pay? Brazil pays everything???

I'm not exactly sure, but I think Brazil pays for accommodations (and transportation to the venues, of course), and federations pay for travel expenses.

9 hours ago, carivan said:

They probably want to cut out the parade of nations, tbh.  I've seen lots of comments from Americans saying it's 'boring' to watch the other countries walk in.  I'm not saying all Americans, just the mainstream viewers.  American coverage of the Olympics, both Summer and Winter, is always horrid.  Many Americans depend on the Canadian feed to get real, live action.  I feel sorry for real American sport fans.  Then I remember all the medals they win, and I don't feel sorry anymore.  :d

nbcvsnasa.jpeg

hace 19 minutos, orangeman said:

They probably want to cut out the parade of nations, tbh.  I've seen lots of comments from Americans saying it's 'boring' to watch the other countries walk in.  I'm not saying all Americans, just the mainstream viewers.  American coverage of the Olympics, both Summer and Winter, is always horrid.  Many Americans depend on the Canadian feed to get real, live action.  I feel sorry for real American sport fans.  Then I remember all the medals they win, and I don't feel sorry anymore.  :d

nbcvsnasa.jpeg

NBC's president has said that Olympics are a more of a "woman thing" and that they would rather have an athlete's "journey" than straight sports so that's why they produce the Games as a f*cking episode of The Voice filled with sob stories and crap.