website statistics

Figure Skating at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Apparently under 16 is protected. 

But only protected from the name reveal, right? 

So I am guessing they are only  debating how to announce the DSQ in a legal way, but the DSQ itself is set in stone for both the team and for Valieva. 

19 minutes ago, Vektor said:

So I am guessing they are only  debating how to announce the DSQ in a legal way, but the DSQ itself is set in stone for both the team and for Valieva. 

Not entirely clear. There is also reports about arguments about the substance itself and when the test was.

19 minutes ago, Vektor said:

It also doesn't help that if it was any other teammate getting DSQ ROC would still have a bronze medal.

6 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

How?

I assume the offending athlete's point total will be zeroed, meaning Russia would still have 55+ points if one of the non-female singles disciplines were to be removed which would allow them to finish ahead of Canada.

2 hours ago, MHSN said:

when they made rule. they probably wouldn't predict a 15 years old becomes this famous. under 16 athletes are always unknown.

I just hope she doesn't get banned somehow. she is just AMAZING to watch. the best skater ever.

Whoa... Many were saying Medvedeva was the best ever. And then Zagitova. And then Kostornaia. Their technique was gone in two years (mostly just due overtraining under the same coach as Valieva - Eteri Tutberidze). Valieva has to achieve so much more to even be in the discussion for the best ever.

#banbestmen

Longevity is no longer an asset in the women's division. I'd be shocked if Russia fields a female soloist aged 20 in competitive skating in the next decade or so. Even being 17yo could be deemed as 'too old' for winning. It also doesn't look like Japan, USA or Canada can mount any pressure either.

I am more concerned how it would be dealt with if she used "recreational" drug .... So they revealed she smoked some greenies at the age of 15?? Anyways, any illegal substance in the body of 15-year-old ..... There are surely behind it, even if it was just simple weed and the investigation might go very deep to get people being responsible for this.....