web
analytics
Sign in to follow this  
thepharoah

Taekwondo 2020 Discussion Thread

I wanted to write about it yesterday but I wasn't just in the mood. we knew about this for few days, but she finally confirmed it with that instagram post yesterday.

even though she probably broke the world record in number of surgeries ! her career is probably done already (or maybe not ?!) but still she was the biggest name in the list of athletes leaving Iran. which is getting bigger and bigger. some of them are 2nd/3rd tier athletes I didn't even mention here, but Alizadeh as the best female athlete Iran ever had is the biggest name IMO.

obviously she is exaggerating but then I'm not in her place to judge. most of her points are valid though. I would liked her much more if she could say all those things without leaving her country. because when someone gets "brave" after leaving the country, to me it's hard to believe the real intentions. just 2-3 months ago she was on TV with her husband and she was talking about how happy she is about everything and blah blah.

32 minutes ago, intoronto said:

This isn’t a good look for :IRI. There’s a good the IOC might start sanctioning them since defections are becoming rampant, and sports are having to force them to play :ISR.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This isn’t a good look for :IRI. There’s a good the IOC might start sanctioning them since defections are becoming rampant, and sports are having to force them to play :ISR.

I highly doubt it.