website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI World Tour 2021 (Tour de France)

Totallympics

20 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

And the biggest mystery of the Tour de France remains: where do teams buy those extra-small cans of Coke etc that are given to the riders at the end?  :mumble:

They steal them from airplanes

Stage 5

Wednesday - June 30th, 2021

h. 12:15 (GMT +2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changé - Laval (Espace Mayenne)   

27.2km - Individual Time Trial

STAGE CLASSIFICATION

:SLO  Tadej POGACAR
32:00

:SUI  Stefan KUNG
+19

:DEN  Jonas VINGEGAARD
+27

Complete Standing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GENERAL CLASSIFICATION

:NED  Mathieu VAN DER POEL
16:51:41

+8

:BEL  Wout VAN AERT
+30

POINTS CLASSIFICATION

:GBR  Mark CAVENDISH

:FRA  Julian ALAPHILIPPE

CLIMBER CLASSIFICATION

:NED  Ide SCHELLING

:FRA  Anthony PEREZ

YOUTH CLASSIFICATION

16:51:49

:DEN  Jonas VINGEGAARD
+1:35

:FRA  David GAUDU
+2:27

4 hours ago, lapaj said:

I hope that she won’t be punished too hard. Many people have done something equally stupid and got away with it thanks to pure luck. She didn’t have any bad intents, she is just stupid. I am always annoyed by stupid people not realizing how stupid they are, but you can’t really blame them. If they would be able to realize their own shortcomings, they wouldn’t be that stupid.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

And the biggest mystery of the Tour de France remains: where do teams buy those extra-small cans of Coke etc that are given to the riders at the end?  :mumble:

I have bought them on holidays in France, but I have never seen them in Germany. Maybe you can order them on Amazon.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

15 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I hope that she won’t be punished too hard. Many people have done something equally stupid and got away with it thanks to pure luck. She didn’t have any bad intents, she is just stupid. I am always annoyed by stupid people not realizing how stupid they are, but you can’t really blame them. If they would be able to realize their own shortcomings, they wouldn’t be that stupid.

Yeah, but punishing them does at least give other stupid people further down the road an incentive to be less stupid.

PZUj_4RCSaScDmb-Ui0pEg~tour-de-france-lo

Stage 6

Thursday - July 1st, 2021

h. 14:05 (GMT +2)

Tours - Chateauroux   

160.6km - Flat

feDF1BmJTJ-iJ1Zn21nCWw~6-etapa-horizont-

dlAcIB4ORPaM1Pgzj-E--Q~6-etapa-mapa-Tour

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yes, you can really blame this person for being stupid.  If this incident didn't get caught on camera, would she get in trouble?  Maybe not.  But she did and deserves to be punished for it.  Like @Grassmarketsaid, if they make an example of her, maybe the next stupid person won't be so stupid.

What an insane ride by Van der Poel, wow. Especially considering this was his longest time trial ever, he barely ever really trains time trial riding (no time in between being at the top of the world in three disciplines) and only recently he got a set of fast wheels they managed to buy from Cameron Wurf of all people.

And Pogacar has thrown in the early decision :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!