website statistics

Surfing ISA World Games 2021

Totallympics

5 hours ago, gucardn said:

I realized that kiwi athletes Ella Williams and Billy Stairmand, who won Olympic quotas for their country at ISA GAMES 2019 are not participating in the current edition in El Salvador! I don't understand, will they lose their quotas?

Wasn't it mandatory to participate in the 2019 and 2020 (2021) ISA Games?

I know that for health reasons athletes can be released, but this is not the case for both because I read in the New Zealand press that they chose not to go to El Salvador! 

It was mandatory only for surfers coming from WCT. But it is a risk they don't take part on this event because they still can lose their spot. 

Actually Billy can not lose his quota  anymore because there's no other male surfer from New Zealand. Ella still  can lose it.

Also, Bianca Buitendag from South Africa is safe.

10 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Fioravanti was eliminated in the 2nd round, what delusion. 

I expected that...

too much hype for surf and skateboard on "la Repubblica"...:whistle:

however, all of our guys are still alive into the repechage rounds...

and I see that Claire Bevilacqua has a very favourable draw now...basically, she only has Sally Fitzgibbons as WSL surfer in her heats (and maybe Paige Hareb if she advances to the main round #5)...

it would be a shame if she doesn't take advantage of that and earns a spot among the top 10 of this championship...

p.s. I see that in the main round #3 is still in the race that Chilean girl with the best name of them all...Lorena Fica :lol: :rofl:

for those who can't speak Italian, fica is the vernacular name for "vagina" (and it also means a particularly beautiful woman)...:yikes: :lol:

1 hour ago, phelps said:

I expected that...

too much hype for surf and skateboard on "la Repubblica"...:whistle:

however, all of our guys are still alive into the repechage rounds...

and I see that Claire Bevilacqua has a very favourable draw now...basically, she only has Sally Fitzgibbons as WSL surfer in her heats (and maybe Paige Hareb if she advances to the main round #5)...

it would be a shame if she doesn't take advantage of that and earns a spot among the top 10 of this championship...

p.s. I see that in the main round #3 is still in the race that Chilean girl with the best name of them all...Lorena Fica :lol: :rofl:

for those who can't speak Italian, fica is the vernacular name for "vagina" (and it also means a particularly beautiful woman)...:yikes: :lol:

I wouldnt say favourable draw... Marcela :URU is being a big contender so far on this event, and Yolanda :POR has some of the best scores on the competition.

But Claire is by far the best chance of Italy at women's side.

As for, the chilean girl, I remember your post on ISA 2019 haha, I was going to tag you here soon. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

how much are they still for the quotas? Pauline ado has a chance to be in round 4?

Pauline has a very difficult heat against Leticia :ESP and Ornela :ARG two of my favorites. And the biggest surprise so far imo Candelaria Resano :NCA

She had a free pass on round 2, competing only against one surfer... as Brisa and Tatiana gave up of the event.