website statistics

Rowing FISA Final Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

George_D

18 minutes ago, rybak said:

I really doubt for that. Even if there will be any reallocations not only in rowing, but in every sport, Poland will get nothing... Our always disaster at Olympics already started months before Opening ceremony...

I need break from sport...

you know we are also not spared, the fight, the non qualification of cyrian ravet in taekwondo, the 0 point in canoe sprint, only a qualified boat that we expected and less in rowing. my objective of 400 quotas for France is just unrealizable

1 hour ago, phelps said:

disappointing, shameful outcome for Italy...

not a single qualification...

this week, between Canoeing and Rowing we experienced a series of epic fails that should be remembered for the ages...:facepalm: :hairpull:

The only real chance was 4- women to grab the 2nd spot behind Ireland, but we didn't know China to be so strong, the others simply had no chances from the beginning. In canoe we qualify women K1 200 that was not easy, and we failed men C2 , hoping Tacchini will qualify next week in C1. I don't know what did you expect from these races. 

9 minutes ago, Andry84 said:

The only real chance was 4- women to grab the 2nd spot behind Ireland, but we didn't know China to be so strong, the others simply had no chances from the beginning. In canoe we qualify women K1 200 that was not easy, and we failed men C2 , hoping Tacchini will qualify next week in C1. I don't know what did you expect from these races. 

I expected the W4- to qualify (and being at least close to Ireland, if not even ahead of them) in Rowing and both Tacchini and the Craciun bros to literally dominate their respective races (plus Schera being closer to the top paddlers, even if "below the line") in Canoeing (where I also expected Ivaldi to qualify in Slalom last week)...

imho, all these people underperformed badly (except for Ivaldi, who was just unlucky)...

Pretty impressed with the :CAN results. Not one person thought any :CAN boat would qualify, but I was expecting all 3 to do so. 2 of the 3 boats (m4 and m1x) had never raced internationally in a senior event till this competition. Both boats were competitive here and perhaps can be outside medal chances. Men's rowing in Canada was a disaster after Rio... and to qualify 4 out of 7 boats (only 2 in Rio) is a testament to the future of the sport here.

1) Did Germany qualify anyone?

2) What the hell is going on with Russia? After taking a short look at the results it seemed as if they won half the races ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 14/05/2021 at 18:32, zob79 said:

Probably you're not a rowing fan, to put it mildly. NZL to qualify to Tokyo, beating Romania? I will actually sell my house if this happens. Also, in women's eights Germany stands absolutely no chance; Romania and Netherlands will go to Olympics

Hmmm ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 14/05/2021 at 19:11, Makedonas said:

For W1X, I think the three main favourites are :GRE:BLR:GER. I'd say :UKR also has a chance. :ROU not even competing in this event.

For M1X, I think :POL should qualify. Second spot seems open but I'd be shocked if :SRB make it.

For W2-, I think :DEN will 99% qualify, and then probably one of :GER:RUS:CRO:CHI as well.

Not surprised that Germany didn’t qualify in women’s pair, I never even heard of the two athletes competing ...

Personally I think it is stupid to focus on eights, but for some reason the German coaches seem to think otherwise ...

On 15/05/2021 at 15:02, zob79 said:

Is there any kind of doping control at this competition? the Chinese seem to have found, during covid era, the key to success in the eights crews; surely they must rely on clean stuff, such as drinking tortoise blood, like Uncle Ma's army

I am much more surprised by the Russian results. They are near the top in almost every category suddenly. Maybe they used whatever the Netherlands used in the last couple of years?

2 hours ago, rybak said:

Our always disaster at Olympics already started months before Opening ceremony...

Oh yes. That is why during the olympics I rather focus on watching my favourite events than following closely all the Polish Team performance. It's much more entertaining this way and the mood is better.

But I must say Natan failing to qualify is my first serious disappointment. I haven't counted much on women's volleyball actually, so it wasn't such a surprise for me like today.