website statistics

Winter World University Games 2023

Totallympics

2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The women's Nordic combined tomorrow has a grand total of 6 competitors :d (including 4 from Japan, two of which well-known World Cup athletes Kasai)

Mixed Team on Thursday is going to be a thriller.

What the IOC need to do is to replace, boring hackneyed sports like NC with dynamic hip sports that appeal to the kidz like snowboard slopestyle (5 entries)

Edited by Grassmarket

1 hour ago, Sindo said:

20230112_134242.jpg

On 1/11/2023 at 1:31 PM, Olympian1010 said:

I’m now playing a round of spot the @Sindo. Let’s see if I can win a prize :p

It appears @Sindo relayed @hckošice request as they’ve added a game clock to the graphics :d

I’ve spotted you. Do I get a prize? :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I like how stripped down and simple this segment appears. What a beautiful way to present and highlight indigenous cultures in a country that worked do so hard to destroy them.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Mixed Team on Thursday is going to be a thriller.

What the IOC need to do is to replace, boring hackneyed sports like NC with dynamic hip sports that appeal to the kidz like snowboard slopestyle (5 entries)

I think having moguls,dual moguls and aerials would have been better. They don't even have any event until end of the most which coincidentally is in Canada followed by US. Some of the events are going to be pretty boring.

NC, slopestyle etc don't fascinate me even with 30 or 100 entries way too boring.

Start list for today's cross-country team sprint:

https://lakeplacid2023-pdf.microplustimingservices.com/WU2023/CCS/2023-01-12/CCSXTEAMSP2-----------SFNL--------__C51F_1.0.pdf

Spain with a decent team, Norway with Magnus Boø, who competed for South Korea until Pyeongchang (as Magnus Kim, I believe). 

For me the most-known name though is Switzerland's Malia Elmer, who was part of the local Swiss team which immensely helped Bruna at the final qualifying races for the Olympics in Switzerland, almost exactly a year ago now! They happened to be in the same hotel as the one where she was all alone, she saw some boots in front of a door so just decided to knock and hope for the best, and they ended up taking her to the races and having their wax guy wax her skis better than they had ever been waxed :d 

I had no idea she was competing there, go Malia! :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Catching up with the Opening Ceremony.  Obviously a bit cheap & cheerful, but always love an opening parade.

Seems strange to have the countries coming out in English alphabetical order, no weird surprises this time.

:CAN Just showing off with huge numbers 

At what point do we say that masks have become :CHN national dress?

Huge team also from :CZE, great that in a small town obviously all the events turn out, so if you have two hockey teams, you get a lot of numbers.

:GBR OK, hockey teams didn’t do great, but with them & curling we have way more than :FRA.

No argument over who is to be the :HAI flag bearer.

:KAZ let down all of us who have been calling it Qazaqstan :cry:

:LAT put :LTU to shame on numbers.

:LUX & :MEX send the same number if athletes.

:NED Not bothering. Only a handful of athletes. Even  :PHI send more.   Means more than one nation will win speed skating medals

Somebody messes up as :SVK come out after :SUI, but crush :SLO in the battle of the Slovs.

After the Qazaqstan disappointment, :TUR Türkiye insist!

And :USA finish off.

Right FF for the speeches.