website statistics

Wrestling UWW World Olympic Games Qualifier 2021

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Salkazanov is favourite for the gold both here as well as Tokyo (at least a medal in Tokyo, anything less will mean lack of form or injury) 

I seriously doubt it. :d  First he still has to qualify which is definitely far to be a certainty. Would be huge if he will compete in Tokyo, our combat sport extremely need it. But a medal, this is a too long shot. There plenty of most famous and stronger qualified countries in his category.

Anyway our wrestling federation started an ambitious long term project with the goal, not less than two medals and four wrestlers in Paris 2024. :)

2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I seriously doubt it. :d  First he still has to qualify which is definitely far to be a certainty. Would be huge if he will compete in Tokyo, our combat sport extremely need it. But a medal, this is a too long shot. There plenty of most famous and stronger qualified countries in his category.

Anyway our wrestling federation started an ambitious long term project with the goal, not less than two medals and four wrestlers in Paris 2024. :)

Beating Chamizo he has shown to be a contender. If he doesn't qualify here I'll consider his performance at European Champs a fluke. 

OK that is an overambitious project I think 2 medals but hang on you can get 5-6 medals too, just buy some good Russians, Georgians and it'll be achieved . 

11 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Beating Chamizo he has shown to be a contender. If he doesn't qualify here I'll consider his performance at European Champs a fluke. 

OK that is an overambitious project I think 2 medals but hang on you can get 5-6 medals too, just buy some good Russians, Georgians and it'll be achieved . 

Well hopefully it was not just a fluke, but as you know at the European qualifiers he lost already in the 2nd round (even if he arrived with an elbow injury to the tournament) :)

Yes it may be, but one must have some ambitious plans :d  Salkazanov, Gulaev, Makoev and a freshly newly naturalized Russian Batyrbek Tsakulov are the 4 guys we are going to work in the 4 years cycle for Paris.

btw here a interview in slovak of the man behind it for our NOC (btw I did not know that but Salkazanov and Gulaev are both orthodox, meanwhile Makoev is muslim so if he succeed to qualify tomorrow, he may be the first muslim competing for Slovakia at the Olympics :))https://www.olympic.sk/clanok/reprezentacny-trener-volnostyliarov-erik-cap-clovek-si-musi-nastavit-ciel-ist-si-za-nim

and another article in which he explained the transfer of the young Tsakulov https://sport.aktuality.sk/c/494530/zapasenie-slovenski-majstri-myslia-na-tokio-salkazanov-kvalifikacia-bude-pre-mna-najdolezitejsia-sutaz/ the Russian already agreed and confirmed his transfer.

So.tough draw for our only wrestler here, he has to beat Datunashvili and Chakvetadze for the quota. Sounds unlikely 

Iran or Russia (or maybe both of them) will have incomplete team in Tokyo

5 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Salkazanov is favourite for the gold both here as well as Tokyo (at least a medal in Tokyo, anything less will mean lack of form or injury) 

I don't think so...

the favourite in Tokyo is Kyle Dake, then Sidakov and Chamizo...

Salkazanov had the day of his life at the Europeans, but he's not on the same level of those 3 yet...

4 minutes ago, rybak said:

Seeing the draws I believe that Gadzhiev and Baran (in -97kg) can say good bye to Olympics.... I'm right @MHSN?

which Baran ? :d they will have a TOUGH job that's for sure but this is not over yet. I will write a detailed post about the freestyle draw soon

9 minutes ago, MHSN said:

which Baran ? :d they will have a TOUGH job that's for sure but this is not over yet. I will write a detailed post about the freestyle draw soon

Baran in 97kg :d 

:yes