website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics FIG World Championships 2018

AlFHg

Germany is currently 7th and South Korea is 10th in the Team Competition, so they are both out with China, GB and Brazil left I would say. 

I would say the 8 teams in the Men's Team Final will be:

:RUS :JPN :GBR :USA :CHN :NED :BRA :SUI 

Edited by wumo26

1 hora atrás, wumo26 disse:

Germany is currently 7th and South Korea is 10th in the Team Competition, so they are both out with China, GB and Brazil left I would say. 

I would say the 8 teams in the Men's Team Final will be:

:RUS :JPN :GBR :USA :CHN :NED :BRA :SUI 

Brazil scored 243 at the Pan Ams, but we had to count an abysmal score of 9.600 on the pommel horse, what is next to impossible to happen here, and Zanetti didn't compete there. The problem is that we'll rely on Arthur Nory on many events, and this is his first big competition since the 2016 Olympics, so I'm not sure about how he will react. I'd say it would be great for us to score around 246 here.

First ever team final for the Dutch men :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The start list for the first day of women's qualification is out. A meager 14 gymnasts will try to reach vault finals on the first day, only 6 of which have real chances of making the final. I'm not sure how many will try to reach the finals on the second day, but I believe this could be the weakest women's vault final in years, with Biles easily winning gold even with two falls. Real chances of medals to South Korea (it would be their first ever with the women), Canada and Uzbekistan. Probably Russia too, if their gymnasts survive (podium training was dangerous and scary, but the difficulty is there).

The men's vault final, on the other hand, will be the most exciting in a long time. Virtually anyone can walk away with a medal.

Edited by thiago_simoes

48 minutes ago, intoronto said:

CBC Olympics

Verified account

@CBCOlympics
 5m5 minutes ago
More
U.S. superstar Simone Biles hospitalized with kidney stones hours before world gymnastics championships 

There’s goes everyone’s predictions

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 horas atrás, intoronto disse:

CBC Olympics

Verified account

@CBCOlympics
 5m5 minutes ago
More
U.S. superstar Simone Biles hospitalized with kidney stones hours before world gymnastics championships 

Nooooo! She was going to nominate a vault never performed before. Nooooooo...