website statistics

India National Thread

gvaisakh

1 hour ago, Prakash said:

Rohan Bopanna Picks Saketh Myneni Ahead of Leander Paes for Rio Olympics

Revealing his choice of partner for the men's doubles event at the Rio Games, India's tennis star Rohan Bopanna has picked young Saketh Myneni over the legendary Leander Paes on Friday.

In a letter to All India Tennis Association (AITA) on Olympic selection, Bopanna has made his choice of nominating his doubles partner on Saturday.

Shocking decision. This is why people lose respect for players like Bopanna and Sania. One must realize that an Olympic spot is not one's personal property .Lots of hopes and emotions of billions of people are attached with it. Rohan - Saketh pairing during Davis Cup was also a flop show.

Anyway I think the best bet for a Tennis Medal for India is in the mixed doubles category and I am sure Sania will ensure a foul play by discarding the best mixed doubles player currently in the country and may be globally too.

:thumbdown:

3 minutes ago, Partha_SG said:

mr bopanna you dont deserve to wear India colors. you are nothing more than an underachieving stooge of your shitty mentor bhupathi. leander still deserves to be in any men's doubles team India sends. there is no emotion or sentiment in this. its hard cold fact. So AITA should shoot down his proposal. for every other sport - the federations decide the team. why should tennis be any different. And Sania has conveniently forgotten that its leander who forged the partnership of sania and hingis.

Of course AITA will refuse to form such a team. AITA have clearly said that they will make Paes-Bopanna. This seems to be a plan staged just to ensure that he gets Sania as partner. Give me Sania or I'll drop Paes.

1 minute ago, Smit said:

Of course AITA will refuse to form such a team. AITA have clearly said that they will make Paes-Bopanna. This seems to be a plan staged just to ensure that he gets Sania as partner. Give me Sania or I'll drop Paes.

Meanwhile, Sania Mirza has "conveyed" her decision to AITA about her preferred mixed doubles partner, but, refused to disclose to the media

1 minute ago, Smit said:

all such technicalities like right hand court etc notwithstanding - leander is a better player than bopanna even with one hand tied behind his back. the audacity of his nincompoop bopanna just amazes and infuriates me

5 minutes ago, tirtha22 said:

Shocking decision. This is why people lose respect for players like Bopanna and Sania. One must realize that an Olympic spot is not one's personal property .Lots of hopes and emotions of billions of people are attached with it. Rohan - Saketh pairing during Davis Cup was also a flop show.

Anyway I think the best bet for a Tennis Medal for India is in the mixed doubles category and I am sure Sania will ensure a foul play by discarding the best mixed doubles player currently in the country and may be globally too.

:thumbdown:

Its okay if Sania doesn't pick Leander. Paes-Sania team never clicked. Sania-Bopanna team might enter medal rounds. They complement each other better

1 minute ago, Smit said:

Its okay if Sania doesn't pick Leander. Paes-Sania team never clicked. Sania-Bopanna team might enter medal rounds. They complement each other better

complementing each other means nothing if you dont have the quality though.

why are we still blabbering daily on the same issue...We need to analyze the results happened today in respect to Rio. Form of Srikanth and Saina. Build up to Today Hockey macth between India vs Germany. Why are we talking on the same story. now I realize why our news channels show these gossips story daily. We all know the reason and causes. Why we need to malign all people. So leave the story and move ahead with the good results happened and the next to come.

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go

2 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

why are we still blabbering daily on the same issue...We need to analyze the results happened today in respect to Rio. Form of Srikanth and Saina. Build up to Today Hockey macth between India vs Germany. Why are we talking on the same story. now I realize why our news channels show these gossips story daily. We all know the reason and causes. Why we need to malign all people. So leave the story and move ahead with the good results happened and the next to come.

We are analysing today as Bopanna officially conveyed his decision to AITA today. The discussions for the past few days were just speculations. A lot more drama is yet to unfold just like the Sushil - Narsingh story,

3 minutes ago, Prashanth said:

we are talking about this coz this is the most important olympic related news from today. if you are not interested in discussing it -please dont comment on it.

No idea when are we going to stop caring the bag of legacy and see the future. We need to stop the weightage of legacy and continue with the form and young and show the trust. You may fail but in the long run the confidence and better show would follow. I like the policy of Stephen in football no legacy only system is youngster with performance. You perform and stay in the team or else he doesn't hesitate to give chance to newcomers. Love the spirit which will show the results.

Edited by Prashanth

Tokyo - 2020

Go India Go