website statistics

Modern Pentathlon at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

7 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

Interestingly, everyone seems to be an expert on this sport now, calling it a disgrace and everything, that their country's athlete has been "robbed" by the horse. I wonder if anyone who watches this regularly can tell me how true this is. Some of it just seems like bad control of the horse to me.

Horses always getting the blame from the "fans". Modern pentathlon definitely have an element of the lottery when it comes to the horses, but at the same time we seen horses reacting different ways to different riders, so its definitely down to the rider too.

31 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

Did we mention that Britain's Modern Pentathlon Coach is the :SVK Jan Bartu?

That sound more like a czech name to me, which would be logical as they are (were) quite god in this sport, in SVK the sport is non-existant so I would be surprised such powerhouse like GB would pick someone from Slovakia :d

Yeah, only those two horses were trouble. Coyle had bad luck (Uzbekistan could have been a contributing factor here too). Schleu however had that what if steering moment.

Everything else were riding errors. Some athletes definitely got away with genuine horses.

#banbestmen

I don't know what the hell was going on today, but I just know that this race is brilliant

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold