website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

20 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Again, goes both ways. Why should children be exposed to behaviour, which is not in our culture and has not been accepted by the majority of the nation? 

PS. Should have been in bed already. Damn me for joining the politics thread late at night. :d

Because the chance of seeing two people kiss being harmful is significantly smaller than the chance of seeing some rando's genitals being harmful.

PS: you shouldn't be in bed, you should be working through the shitshow that is Van Gerwen - Aspinall :p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Roman Emperors used to hold public orgies with heavy drinking for days. Not gonna happen anymore.

Said a citizen of the country, where the head of the Supreme Audit Office was renting a hotel rooms with hourly counting to the mafia's prostitutes.

34 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Because children don't need to be exposed to random people's genitals

While people resting at sea are often exposed to random children's genitals and parents don't get any punishment for that as it seems to be socially acceptable.

1 minute ago, Vojthas said:

While people resting at sea are often exposed to random children's genitals and parents don't get any punishment for that as it seems to be socially acceptable.

Something I've never understood :p (although it's been ages since I've been to a beach, because, you know...beach. Yuck. Apart from a short beach walk in Brazil which was enjoyable because there were barely any people)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Because the chance of seeing two people kiss being harmful is significantly smaller than the chance of seeing some rando's genitals being harmful.

PS: you shouldn't be in bed, you should be working through the shitshow that is Van Gerwen - Aspinall :p 

This is going to be a highly unpopular opinion, but whatever. Seeing someone naked isn’t necessarily a bad thing. People lived for centuries without clothing and existed just fine. I do think though, that in this day and age, it is absolutely insanely inappropriate to be naked in public. However, it is an interesting point.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Vojthas said:

Again, it’s a dick (or testicles, vagina, breasts, or ass) Surprise! It’s not going to rock your world, we’ve all seen one. I don’t think people should be flaunting them around, especially if people really don’t wish to see it, but it is actually a very interesting argument here.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

This is going to be a highly unpopular opinion, but whatever. Seeing someone naked isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

I agree. My point is there are, sadly, a lot of children who've had certain bad experiences and this might bring up some bad traumas. Way more than seeing two people kiss.

14 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I agree. My point is there are, sadly, a lot of children who've had certain bad experiences and this might bring up some bad traumas. Way more than seeing two people kiss.

Yes, absolutely this. Plus some people can feel very self deprecating about their bodies, and seeing other people’s could be very disturbing. 

52 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Again, it’s a dick (or testicles, vagina, breasts, or ass) Surprise! It’s not going to rock your world, we’ve all seen one. I don’t think people should be flaunting them around, especially if people really don’t wish to see it, but it is actually a very interesting argument here.

My point exactly - people are getting angry with some natural things like nudity, kissing people while they don't care about much nastier things like pictures of aborted fetus against the entrance of the hospital (yes, welcome to the all-Catholic Poland once more).