website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

7 minutes ago, Wumo said:

It's a shame that lesbians can be laughed at and gay men can end up in a physical confronration just for holding hands. I don't understand why people would make comments about two men or two women holding hands while a man and a woman holding hands don't have that effect?

I find find just unassuming. I’m not a fan of public of affection, but I’m sure as hell not stopping anyone from doing it bevies it’s their choice.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Or it’s a reflection of the grim “realities” of American life. It’s satire. If you don’t get satire, I can’t help you.

There's nothing satirical about a plane crash with hundreds of people dead. You obviously don't get it.

Just now, Monzanator said:

There's nothing satirical about a plane crash with hundreds of people dead. You obviously don't get it.

Yes there is in the that joke. I’m “mocking” people who seriously push those theories. I’m making fun of them, so that others don’t follow that train of thought. You are right, we should be saddened by the loss of life, and not be distracted by people pushing conspiracies about the incident.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, Wumo said:

I prefer facts. :d Why would men have it worse than women? 

I second what Monzanator said on this topic. If two women are holding hands or even kissing in public, no one will care much or notice. It's a general feel, that females can be more close and touchy with each other and men frankly enjoy it. :d They would have to be really in your face, "look at us, we are lesbians, we have/demand rights" for other people to make a fuss. 

For men it's different of course. For a lack of better term, if it's a Bro thing amongst friends or a sporting celebration / play / hanging out, there is no problem if men are hugging, jumping one another, kissing on the cheek, grabbing the but :d  But the moment it seems or feels like it's being in an erotic way, be prepared for cursing and shouting, or the very least people talking behind your back, when they want to carry with their day without a scandal. 

1 minute ago, Federer91 said:

I second what Monzanator said on this topic. If two women are holding hands or even kissing in public, no one will care much or notice. It's a general feel, that females can be more close and touchy with each other and men frankly enjoy it. :d They would have to be really in your face, "look at us, we are lesbians, we have/demand rights" for other people to make a fuss. 

For men it's different of course. For a lack of better term, if it's a Bro thing amongst friends or a sporting celebration / play / hanging out, there is no problem if men are hugging, jumping one another, kissing on the cheek, grabbing the but :d  But the moment it seems or feels like it's being in an erotic way, be prepared for cursing and shouting, or the very least people talking behind your back, when they want to carry with their day without a scandal. 

Person A: wants to carry on their day without a scandal

Male person B kisses male person C

Person A: making a scandal out of it

Someone is to blame for the 'scandal' and it ain't person B or C :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

You obviously have no idea how society in Poland works :p

Just now, Monzanator said:

You obviously have no idea how society in Poland works :p

I have no idea there are a ton of weirdos who would say it is in fact the fault of B and C who, like A, just carry about their day.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Person A has the right to moan about a thing he doesn't like, just like persons B and C can moan about what person D is doing around the corner, for example butchering meat and person B and C don't like meat and make a scandal / comment. Person D is not the one to blame for the scandal.

9 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

It’s interesting how toxic masculinity and LGBT issues really blend. I guess it makes sense because they both push tolerance, and look to rewrite established norms, but it’s still interesting nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Person A has the right to moan about a thing he doesn't like,

Sure, but the whole situation of there suddenly being a fuss is on him then, not on the other people who are just going about their daily life.