website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Dear Lord, 6 pages or so overnight. Just before going to read everything: it's someone sucking Trump's dick vs someone who doesn't? Because if so, I can save myself the time of reading that :lol: 

americans :lol:

1 hour ago, bestmen said:

in North Ireland they are boycotting the israeli products

Many of us are doing the same in the US. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Dear Lord, 6 pages or so overnight. Just before going to read everything: it's someone sucking Trump's dick vs someone who doesn't? Because if so, I can save myself the time of reading that :lol: 

That’s about 3 of the pages, and then there’s a heated argument about immigration.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Many of us are doing the same in the US. 

I see. Just so you know.  Israel is the number 1 country in the world for medical advancement.   And a lot of the things that are used around the world you dont even know that came from israel.    So if you were god forbid diagnosed with something really really bad.   And you had to use a cure developed in israel, you would say no?

7 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I see. Just so you know.  Israel is the number 1 country in the world for medical advancement.   And a lot of the things that are used around the world you dont even know that came from israel.    So if you were god forbid diagnosed with something really really bad.   And you had to use a cure developed in israel, you would say no?

Probably not. The “Boycott Isreal” movement is about punishing Israel for the mistreatment of Arabs. There’s no point to boycotting medical advancements that they’ve shared with the world to improve it. That would be punishing good action. Boycotting the small things is hurtful, but not crushing in the long run.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

That’s about 3 of the pages, and then there’s a heated argument about immigration.

Let me guess: "Everyone should stay away!" vs "Everyone should be allowed to come!" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Let me guess: "Everyone should stay away!" vs "Everyone should be allowed to come!" :p 

Almost those exact words yes, but there is some stuff worth reading, like the fact that an immigrant hates immigrants.

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Almost those exact words yes, but there is some stuff worth reading, like the fact that an immigrant hates immigrants.

Where can I find the nuanced sides? You know, the "No, we shouldn't keep everyone out" and the "No, it is not a good idea to just let everyone come"?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

17 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

LEGAL immigrant hates ILLEGAL immigrants.   Those are big words that you omitted.