website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Where can I find the nuanced sides? You know, the "No, we shouldn't keep everyone out" and the "No, it is not a good idea to just let everyone come"?

Not in the US :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

47 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

LEGAL immigrant hates ILLEGAL immigrants.   Those are big words that you omitted.  

Immigrant is an immigrant. It’s as simple as that. Our borders were open for about 150 years. Those were some of the best time of growth our nation saw. Maybe it’s not a terrible idea to be a bit more open.

Just to be clear, I’m not for completely open boarders (because that’s logistically impossible). We should still run background checks on people, and make sure they’re entering the nation with good intent. We shouldn’t be using the quota system as lottery system of immigrantion.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Immigrant is an immigrant. It’s as simple as that. Our borders were open for about 150 years. Those were some of the best time of growth our nation saw. Maybe it’s not a terrible idea to be a bit more open.

Just to be clear, I’m not for completely open boarders (because that’s logistically impossible). We should still run background checks on people, and make sure they’re entering the nation with good intent. We shouldn’t be using the quota system as lottery system of immigrantion.

Sure, if they come in legally, do everything that suppose to, no problem, fill out all the necessary documents, wait the necessary amount of time, then by all means, come on over, just don't jump the fence and excuse the condition in your country to come into mine

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Not in the US :p

Not in the Netherlands neither :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Immigrant is an immigrant. It’s as simple as that.

An immigrant is an immigrant, yes. Be that as it may, there are still legal pathways and there are differences between legal and illegal immigrants.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

28 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Sure, if they come in legally, do everything that suppose to, no problem, fill out all the necessary documents, wait the necessary amount of time, then by all means, come on over, just don't jump the fence and excuse the condition in your country to come into mine

They don’t have time to wait in many cases, and the immigration process in the US have been set up to favor richer migrants, not those actually in need of Sanctuary 

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

An immigrant is an immigrant, yes. Be that as it may, there are still legal pathways and there are differences between legal and illegal immigrants.

I’ve already made my argument against this, so I’ll suggest you look a few pages back.

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

They don’t have time to wait in many cases, and the immigration process in the US have been set up to favor richer migrants, not those actually in need of Sanctuary 

No it's really not, my parents are awaiting authorization to immigrate, it's about 1.5 years process, it's not like we can pay to make it faster, we sit and wait just like everyone else

4 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

No it's really not, my parents are awaiting authorization to immigrate, it's about 1.5 years process, it's not like we can pay to make it faster, we sit and wait just like everyone else

Except there are people who do not have 2-5 years to wait. It’s also easier for parents to immigrate since you are already a citizen. The fact that you can so shamelessly turn you back on other immigrants is just sad honestly.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Except there are people who do not have 2-5 years to wait. It’s also easier for parents to immigrate since you are already a citizen. The fact that you can so shamelessly turn you back on other immigrants is just sad honestly.

I really have no sympathy for illegal immigrants who jumped the fence or overstayed their welcome , who just want to come here to be a burden on tax payers. I'm sorry that you have a shitty situation in your country but it's really not our problem, there are a lot of problems around the world, and i dont intend to solve all of them. Thank god for ICE and the wonderful work that they are doing by cleaning those people