website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Politics Thread

Wanderer

8 minutes ago, konig said:

I disagree: Biden wont interfiere too much in the relation of our goverment with China and even can give some helps, with Trump our goverment "lose" and surely wont have any help (remember what happen in the OEA, for example), and i dont think Trump let a "closer" relation with China.

Biden is, for me, with China like Chamberlain was with Germany.

Haven't seen any effect in 4 years except for diplomatic stuff that doesn't matter to us too much. Sorry.

12 hours ago, konig said:

Well, in our case, if "Chamberlain" Biden wins, countrys like mine bacame "quicker" in a chinese colony, so.....yes, im very interested in the US elections, specially in a Trump Victory.

May I know what makes you feel Argentina is gradually becoming a Chinese colony? As far as i am concerned (based on Chinese media mostly) Argentina and China don't have very close relationship. I don't know any China mega projects in Argentina. I haven't heard that China is influential to Argentina except China imports plenty of meat and other agricultural products from there.

15 hours ago, LDOG said:

Haven't seen any effect in 4 years except for diplomatic stuff that doesn't matter to us too much. Sorry.

If the base in Neuquen, the SWAP of the Central Bank (with the offers of Yuans) and the future "big porcine investment"  is no important for you, we are in very diferents sides.

28 minutes ago, konig said:

If the base in Neuquen, the SWAP of the Central Bank (with the offers of Yuans) and the future "big porcine investment"  is no important for you, we are in very diferents sides.

And all that is still there after 4 years of Trump...  

We are simply not important enough for anyone to care. 

this election probably doesn't change a thing for Argentina but for my country it's a matter of life and death or maybe slow death and quick death. personally I don't except any big change because the unfixable damage is already done.

but at least that's the hottest topic here. almost everything is on standby waiting for the result. or as the intro for the video I'm posting says, even babies don't born waiting to enter the world after the 3rd November.

but nothing can stop our sense of humor . :d

4 hours ago, LDOG said:

And all that is still there after 4 years of Trump...  

We are simply not important enough for anyone to care. 

I dont have the exacts dates but the base and the Swaps are from "before" the Trump elections.

Remember what is China doing in Africa and Asia, their foreign policy is to benefit from every political/economical weakness of inoperatives and corrupts goverments around the world.

16 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

May I know what makes you feel Argentina is gradually becoming a Chinese colony? As far as i am concerned (based on Chinese media mostly) Argentina and China don't have very close relationship. I don't know any China mega projects in Argentina. I haven't heard that China is influential to Argentina except China imports plenty of meat and other agricultural products from there.

Is logical that this kind of news are unknown in your country (for the distance and the control of your state about mass media)

the foreign policy of China is to benefit from every political/economical weakness of inoperatives and corrupts goverments around the world, there are many examples in Africa and Asia, now is exploring Latin America.

In 2014/2015, the decadent goverment of Cristina Fernandez used the central bank reserves for common expenses and that became a problem (logical), so the chinese goverment detect that weakness and offered a deal: swaps for the cebtral bank (Yuans for our central bank and argentinian pesos for China), in exchange, China obtain a military base in the south of our country for 50 years (yes, you read well), and the impunity for their fish boats in our sea.

With the last goverment, the chinese goverment continue with all of this and have some energy projects, now this goverment (the continuity of the goverment of Cristina), are using the yuans of the swaps for stoping the interest in dolars (and is failling, of course) and there are a BIG PORCINE PROJECT, with an important economical and environmental impact.

54 minutes ago, konig said:

Is logical that this kind of news are unknown in your country (for the distance and the control of your state about mass media)

the foreign policy of China is to benefit from every political/economical weakness of inoperatives and corrupts goverments around the world, there are many examples in Africa and Asia, now is exploring Latin America.

In 2014/2015, the decadent goverment of Cristina Fernandez used the central bank reserves for common expenses and that became a problem (logical), so the chinese goverment detect that weakness and offered a deal: swaps for the cebtral bank (Yuans for our central bank and argentinian pesos for China), in exchange, China obtain a military base in the south of our country for 50 years (yes, you read well), and the impunity for their fish boats in our sea.

With the last goverment, the chinese goverment continue with all of this and have some energy projects, now this goverment (the continuity of the goverment of Cristina), are using the yuans of the swaps for stoping the interest in dolars (and is failling, of course) and there are a BIG PORCINE PROJECT, with an important economical and environmental impact.

I just searched out relevant projects you mentioned above. Well, different people from different sides have different views for sure. The SWAP helped Argentina come through debt crisis at that time and the so-called military base is an observatory (no wonder little reports in China). For sure you may suspect it may be used for military purpose. As for the porcine project, the environmental concerns are reasonable and suspended currently. The background of this project is that China pigs suffered from African swine fever and cut imports from USA so the pork price is flying high like triple times. Government determine to diversify the source to reduce sole dependence. I think China will find some alternative places to build the pig farms and imports from USA already resume.