website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

Totallympics

Just now, hckošice said:

better than Geiger ? :d

yes, because this one was not very likely prior to the Games. Also CC is one of my favorite Winter sports and a German medal here is always very special. Katha Hennig is a really great athlete and she totally deserves an Olympic medal (all others of course too):d

30 minutes ago, dcro said:

Fossesholm is already showing her amazing talent. No wonder the fans were begging to see Eckhoff. :p

I think she did quite well.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Still better directing than biathlon, where minor nation is not worth showing even when they have Bib 3 or something. Nope, some bad drone shots of the "favorite" Bib 2 it is.

Sure, I agree that sucks as well, but today the director literally skipped like 90% of the incredibly tense fight for silver and bronze so they could show a solo winner go all the way to the finish and then stay there a while after the finish....and then when they finally skipped to the actual fight going on, they missed the one in second position :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, LowerSaxony said:

yes, because this one was not very likely prior to the Games. Also CC is one of my favorite Winter sports and a German medal here is always very special. Katha Hennig is a really great athlete and she totally deserves an Olympic medal (all others of course too):d

Ah, I see. Well, enjoy then  :yes :)

The norwegian/finish/swedish athletes/coaches should instantly retire. Germany has no business beating them. I guess this shows the lack of talent in cross-country skiing. Hennig, Sauerbrey and Carl have potential to be better in 2026 and hopefully U23 world champion Lisa Lohmann will take Krehl's place soon. Maybe this german team can again fight for a medal in 4 years time.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Only the second surprising medal for Germany after gold for Herrmann, on the other hand tons of disappointments (Hofmeister, Baumeister, Nörl, Karl Geiger, mixed ski jumping, Dürr).