website statistics

Sprint Canoeing at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

The most predictable podium in men's kayak, 1. :GER 2. :ESP 3. :SVK, Germany avoids the complete flop in Canoe Sprint in the one event where they dominate the most. 

Well done, boys, this is a nice 7th place from a new boat. Before the Games I thought that we won't even be in FA, so this is improvement. 

Out of curiousity, what's the biggest gap between one athlete's two gold medals? :d 

I would assume 16 years, 20 seems a little unlikely?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Out of curiousity, what's the biggest gap between one athlete's two gold medals? :d 

I would assume 16 years, 20 seems a little unlikely?

28 years. :HUN Aldar Gerevich in fencing (first 1932, last 1960). I know you asked for something different but technically it's fairly impressive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladár_Gerevich

With no gold medals in between it's probably Anthony Ervin in swimming (2000-2016).

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

28 years. :HUN Aldar Gerevich in fencing (first 1932, last 1960).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aladár_Gerevich

Thanks! Now still wondering what's the biggest gap in between golds :p 

As in, the longest time without gold, between two gold medals.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

With this bronze Karolina Naja becomes only the 8th :POL athlete to win at least four Olympic medals. This enters her among legendary names of Polish sports and 90% of this country wouldn't even recognize her on the street :p

Some Hungarians might know that but Pawłowski & Woyda are fencers (the former even CIA agent no less).