website statistics

Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

heywoodu

Just now, Kirkpatrick said:

Guess I need a tutorial for this sport. :d

It's ridiculous. In the final there is no need to pay attention to those intermediate sprints whatsoever, unless you care for 4th place. 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the line get medals. Winning all intermediate sprints gets you 4th place...

In the semis meanwhile getting any points in the int. sprints is likely enough to qualify.

#banbestmen

Just now, juddy96 said:

Why are the points needed, why can't it just be a regular mass start

Why are points needed, why does it need to be so ridiculously short, all valid questions. But well. Because ISU. And it's super urban. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, juddy96 said:

Why are the points needed, why can't it just be a regular mass start

It's a big mystery. :lol:

I'm afraid neither I, or @heywoodu, or any other speed skating follower can give an answer to that. :p Except the stuff like: "ISU has lost its mind."

#banbestmen

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's ridiculous. In the final there is no need to pay attention to those intermediate sprints whatsoever, unless you care for 4th place. 1st, 2nd and 3rd at the line get medals. Winning all intermediate sprints gets you 4th place...

In the semis meanwhile getting any points in the int. sprints is likely enough to qualify.

thanks God ,we won't have these boring sprints in finals