website statistics

Speed Skating at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

heywoodu

Pechstein has now confirmed in a press conference that she will indeed continue skating for four more years. She'll turn 50 in February 2022.

https://sicher.sportdeutschland.tv/s/b53451a0ea5a013501277054d2ab776f/olympia-2018/pechstein-selbstbewusst-chance

2 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Pechstein has now confirmed in a press conference that she will indeed continue skating for four more years. She'll turn 50 in February 2022.

https://sicher.sportdeutschland.tv/s/b53451a0ea5a013501277054d2ab776f/olympia-2018/pechstein-selbstbewusst-chance

"But I still have one chance", isn't that supposed to mean the mass start? :p  (even though I do believe she'll try and continue for another four years, and given her recent results, why not)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

"But I still have one chance", isn't that supposed to mean the mass start? :p  (even though I do believe she'll try and continue for another four years, and given her recent results, why not)

Yeah, this video is only one clip of her press conference. That one chance is indeed the mass start, but she also stated that she will announce the end of her career ... in four years.

vor 23 Minuten schrieb Dennis:

Yeah, this video is only one clip of her press conference. That one chance is indeed the mass start, but she also stated that she will announce the end of her career ... in four years.

On the one hand i think people should be "allowed" to do a sport as long as they enjoy it, on the other hand i dont really think she does herself a favor. If she isnt competitive now, she will be much less competitive in 4 years, of course its also sad that she would be good enough to make the olympics team in every nation except for the Netherlands. I still think this might be a joke of her, i believe it when i see it.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

This is all  it very impressive yet.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Ihle, not bad.