website statistics

Athletes Retirements Thread

phelps

3 hours ago, phelps said:

I mean that forcing a young talent like him to retire not to compromise his mental health because he feels that he's not being treated like he deserves by an institution that's supposed to protect their "assets" rather than getting them so uncomfortable is absolutely an awful story (I didn't even read the whole article, I was just thinking of this situation in general terms)

Right, I didn't know this was public information or anything and the Eurosport article didn't really mention it, but with NRK's help it's more or less cleared up :p 

But yeah, very shitty situation..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Just do your job :BRA

Knowing them fairly well, they would absolutely go and run with every bit of credit for Braathen's entire career :lol: Much as I enjoy most Brazilian winter sports success and much as I have always been a Braathen fan, I'm not sure I could stomach that :d 

They're way too busy with other things though, like all the sweet free IBU money and equipment for sending random athletes to as many IBU competitions as they can (where every start brings in cash), I'd be surprised if they're even aware of Braathen :p

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, LuizGuilherme said:

Just do your job :BRA

You’ve got competition.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Dragon said:

Was robbed of her career by the overwhelming presence of intersex athletes in her event.  And of course when she complained about it she was bullied into silence by the Twitter mob. Let's hope she's the last woman to be treated that way.