website statistics

Athletics at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

There has been not a single word against that, also not in her interview (at least the part I could understand from her interview...). So far that is definitely the goal :p 

She has already done the difficult part - the morning/evening double today - so might as well stick with it.

10 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Do you ever have anything nice to say about anyone, ever? Serious question.

Also Tentoglou not only had WL but before the 6th jump, this was his worst competition of the entire season and even that shows how good he is to have been 5th at that point. Yes it wasn't such a strong final and some others were injured, but also 8.41 is the longest jump in an Olympic final since 2004, and here we had not one but TWO medalists jump 8.41m. Also prior to Tokyo, Tentoglou had the two biggest jumps in the world this year (8.60 and 8.48).

So if you consider this to be a "very sad result" then what do you think about the men's long jump finals in Beijing, London, Rio? 8.41 there would've won gold too.

1) His previous results couldn't really be taken serious, they were all at joke events where proper measurement was more than doubtful.

2) I said that this is sad because his competitors got injured, i don't want an olympic final to be decided like that.

3) I have absolutely no problem with him winning a medal, he was one of the top 3 athletes in recent years and i predicted a medal for him. I still wanted someone to win who doesn't have such an ugly style.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

If Cubans won the gold & silver @OlympicsFan would complain they are doped since Cuba as communist country probably has some old DDR stuff still available and so on. @Makedonas needs to ask where did the German jumper finished in the final? :p

7 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

Masalingi has passed my parents feminine test which the 800m three always failed. So maybe many people will find it hard to understand her as much as she doesn’t look like massively masculine unlike those three. 

Maboma falis it - she is lot more noticeable.

What do they think about Mu?

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

7 hours ago, Adriano said:

She is so slim, she must have perfect technic 

Yes, "technique" ... is what made her improve by 3 m during the pandemic.

32 year old Bonevacia running sub 45 for the first time in 6 years, nothing to see here (espcially in combination with the improvements of the other dutch 400 m runners).

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

:NED Hassan wins. Well, that wasn't unexpected ;)

Easily destroying the best in the world after already winning her 1500 heat this morning after a crash. Hassan deserves the gold for most obvious doper. Sometimes i wonder if athletes like her actually try to make their doping so obvious that even officials can't ignore it anymore.

5 hours ago, Monzanator said:

@heywooduIs Hassan still going for the 1500/5000/10000 triple because Polish media keep hyping it :p

Why not, she probably doesn't even feel the 5000 m final. She probably also could have won the 800 m while she is at it.