website statistics

Biathlon IBU World Championships 2017

heywoodu

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haters-56a6a44c5f9b58b7d0e41acd.jpg

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Not really, it was Moravec who was doing all the following. :p

I mean the last meters he was trying to overtake him in the line, Doll clearly had to made one more higher effort and it helped Doll to win these 0.7 seconds. simple maths :evil:

Just now, hckosice said:

I mean the last meters he was trying to overtake him in the line, Doll clearly had to made one more higher effort and it helped Doll to win these 0.7 seconds. simple maths :evil:

If Doll wasn't so good, JTB's coaches wouldn't have motivated him to keep fighting for gold, this made JTB go faster, so he should thank Doll for that, simple maths :teacher:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Svendsen collapsed after the finish..

Tomáš Hasilla finished 16th today, He achieved his careers result with perfect shooting :thumbup: the 50th skiing time placed him on final 16th place. Clearly the best seasons mens result. Congrats Tomáš what a moment to achieve careers best and do it at the world championships :cheer: After yesterdays 8th place of Kuzmina and a relatively good 12th place in the mixed relay, we can say it´s a very nice strat of the world championships for us.

Unfortunately the goal to try to qualify all 4 guys for the pursuit failed only Hasilla and Otčenáš managed to qualify. Šíma missed it by almost nothing and Kazár was very fast today 37th skiing time only 65 seconds behind Fourcade but throwing everything away once again in the prone shooting range...

In the Nations Cup we are still 16th but only 3 points ahead of Slovenia, 18th Romania is some 450 points behind. and for the olympics 21st Latvia  608 points behind still 8 qualifying races to go

Spoiler

H+5Ksrh84xzzQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Well, I didn't believe that I would have something to write about during these championships on Lithuania, but I was pleasantly surprised. Basically, all of the team except one athlete came back home from mountain training and got sick leaving them with no training before these championships. Both Kaukėnas and Strolia were amongst those unfortunate with sickness, but they still managed to put a smile on my face and keep me entertained. When I saw Tomas only 3s, 5s off from Fourcade on the first splits, I was honestly petrified what that would mean to his shooting (he's not a very reliable shot) and to see him leaving the 1st shooting range in 1st position was an amazing feeling of excitement that I've lost for some years after miserable performances. Although he couldn't keep up with what he did on the first part of a race, having the 6th loop time is something promissing.

And another thing that happened is that it's the first time when Lithuania qualifies two people in the same pursuit race on the men's side. Vytautas Strolia, former cross-country skiier finally got everything together in the shooting range and achieved his personal best result in Biathlon.

Hopefully, this won't be the last good news from team Lithuania.

Also, very happy for Doll's first victory and someone else to have denied Fourcade the 1st position, nice to have the Boe's reunited, a very solid performance from team Bulgaria, now hoping Schempp and Peiffer could advance in the pursuit. As for the women, I am not a big fan of Koukalova (I like her personality though) and I guess that comes from the fact that I usually cheer for her competition, so nice work for Laura Dahlmeier, the fight for the crystal globe is very entertaining this year and reminds me the wonderful Henkel/Neuner/Ekholm/Makarainen/Berger/Domracheva fights. I always support team Italy, although it wasn't Wierer, I am very happy for Vittozzi and Sanfilippo. Also, I hope to see Oberhofer back as soon as possible in top condition. Happy to see a stronger Sweden and of course about tomorrow, KAISA MAKARAINEN for the gold!!!!! :yes