website statistics

Boxing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

25 minutes ago, dcro said:

I don't get why they discriminate heavier boxers and give them much less quotas than to others... Boxing is the only combat sport which doesn't have the same number of quotas in all weights.

There’s less participation in the heavier weight classes. If the IOC gives boxing more quotas they may make things more equal, but they are not going to reduce the other quotas.

It’ll be interesting in 2020 to see if the IOC gives them more athlete quotas since they want to add more female events. I suspect the IOC may try to get AIBA to reduce the number of men’s events.

Again the same stupid live scoring system, if you miss a match , you have to wait till the end of the session (or even the day) to have the result in PDF !

I highly doubt we can win a quota here. but Golara won his first bout against Tunisia.

btw when I look at the schedule  I can't see matches for 5th placers. I wonder how they are going to determine the 5th placers ?! :mumble: using the same format as 2012 ?!!

5 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Again the same stupid live scoring system, if you miss a match , you have to wait till the end of the session (or even the day) to have the result in PDF !

That is incredibly annoying indeed! :wall: We are in 21st century, learn how to post results for once...

#banbestmen