website statistics

Road Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

GPS says the difference is 30 seconds, but we know how reliable the Giro d'Italia GPS usually is... :roflmao:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Apparently the GPS is somewhat right....that's a miracle :yikes:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm not sure it's a mistake, I'm mostly thinking it's just a matter of not being good enough. Only Battaglin might be in good enough shape to do so, but he is the only one who can help Kruijswijk on the climbs so he can't get in a breakaway. Don't forget Lotto is basically just a quite mediocre team :p 

Not in the mountains , it is clear that they don't have anyone to help him there. :p I was talking for all those flat/downhill km when he rode by himself and with the broken bike. He lost valuable time until the car came and then riding by himself. That surely has taken energy from him while the others were in packs. We shall see in the final climb how much is he spend.

Edited by Federer91

2 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Not in the mountains , it is clear that they don't have anyone to help him there. :p I was talking for all those flat/downhill km when he rode by himself and with the broken bike. He lost valuable time until the car came and then riding by himself. That surely has taken energy from him while the others were in packs. We shall see in the final climb who much is he spend.

But if he wanted someone in the breakaway at the time he crashed, someone should have been in good enough shape to even get to that point and I don't think Lotto has anyone who could have done that :p

Apart from that, Lotto's team leaders are usually not exactly geniuses when it comes to strategy, so yeah. "We should prepare ourselves well for these final stages so we can be prepared for every scenario, because we have to be prepared for that so we have to prepare ourselves for all situations", are the smart words of a couple of days ago.